Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

elite mike

Re: RO-MAN Problems
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:43 am »
have a word with these guys , they are based in bristol.

malc gold

trippy

frankybad boy

i am sure one of them will help you get your setup right

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 08:36:46 am »
Is the membrane in the right way ? Sounds to me that you have put it in backwards and its just rejecting.

The point about the 100 gpd being naff is true. I bought a 100gpd ro after doing my maths. Turned out it was 100gpd at a certain water temp and specific psi. You really need to upgrade to a 300 sooner rather than later or you just wont be producing enough water.

You can't put the membrane in incorrectly as it will only go in one way. The other thing is that the GPD figures are over 24 hours. And yes, the water will dibble out, just as it does with my RoMan 450 GPD unit. My guess is that he hasn't waited long enough for the unit to work, as it's so slow.

SteX13 had a thread on here the other day asking newbie questions about WFP.

We suggested that the first thing he did was to buy a TDS meter and, once he had got his tap reading, then ask the forum for advice based on what he wanted to achieve within his budget.

It appears that he didn't do that and impetiously went ahead and bought a unit and now is demanding answers. Due diligence study is the correct way to start any venture, including changing over to WFP.

I would suggest that the best option as has been suggested is an upgrade kit, but would start by connecting his system up and running it for a day and then see what results he is getting. If he is using a DI cannister, it will probably take a few hours to fill that with purified water. The original RoMan units had a built in resin filter has part of the R/O, as does the one he bought. I have noticed that when replacing the resin it seems to take a long time to get the air out of the bowl and so appears not to be working.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

andyM

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 08:49:57 am »
The RO in the link is stated as 100 US Gallons per day which equates to around 15 litres of pure water an hour at absolute peak conditions over a 24 hour period.
In reality you will not even get this.
RO's of this capacity are a false economy.
I would advise you upgrade by adding an extra membrane or two and possibly a booster pump.
Alternatively buy a bigger and better RO.

One of the Plebs

dd

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:40 am »
You will probably get 7-8 litres per hour from your RO so it will take 1/2 hour or more for you to fill the di canister (asuming it is a 5l one). Therfore it will take quite a while to get any water out of the di.

Simply measure the amount of time it takes the RO to produce 1L (disconect tube that goes to di and do this directly from the RO). This will give you an idea of how well the unit is working.

IMO the 300gpd units are ideal for a static system for a 1 man band.

If you upgrade your unit to 300gpd you will triple the water production and also reduce waste because waste water is recycled twice, which is handy if you are on a water meter.

SteX13

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. I will try run it for longer period of time.