Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clare.w

Prochem steempro?
« on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »
Need some advice on our first machine.
Tight budget, no more than £2000

Would a Prochem do? just it doesn't seem very popular on here

markpowell

Re: Prochem steempro?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 05:38:24 pm »
The Powermax and Powerplus are good entry machines.
The new models have 100psi pumps and the older ones 120psi as standard, both are twin vac and can have heater if required.
I would avoid the Powerflo as they are single vac units with a 70psi pump.
Mark

Richard Cole

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
You could also consider the Airflex Mini (130psi) from Cleansmart http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflex_Mini.html I have the slightly larger model the Pro which has been great machine for me over the last 12 months since I started.  Mine will be for sale soon, start of September, however the smaller Mini is lighter and might be more suitable.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Paul Evans

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:56:14 pm »
Richard why you selling?
I have the 600 psi airflex pro and find this great up to 75ft away

Paul

Paul Heath

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:12:36 pm »
The new machines from Prochem come with 150psi as standard now. Give me a call i'm sure we could do a deal  ;)

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:53 pm »
nothing wrong with a steam pro loads of professionals use them and as a entry level its bang in the middle of the road. Prochem machine well built and well though off generally, lots of more exotic things out there, but if you want simple and reliable, thats your boy.

look at the prices or second hand on ebay they always sell and for good money too.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Richard Cole

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:10 pm »
Richard why you selling?
I have the 600 psi airflex pro and find this great up to 75ft away

Paul

I've just upgraded to a Scorpion ;D which works at 100 feet no problem!  Got it second hand at a bargain.

Clare.w

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »
Oh thanks for the replies, you are all very friendly here aren't you!!

Two things i'm concerned about are that 1-someone told me Prochems are not very reliable and cost loads to get fixed, he was trying to sell me a Victor sx15 ..??
and 2- It is quite heavy, will it reach upstairs or will it have to be lifted up?
We have quite a lot of 3 strorey town houses on the books ...would it reach?

Richard Cole

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »
If you make sure you have 50ft of hoses you should not need to take the machine up stairs, unless flats.  The Airflex Mini I suggested (twin vac) 130psi is the same spec as mine but is smaller and will fit in an estate car if need be and is quite a bit lighter but will still be to work well at 50 feet.  Mine has never let me down. When I was looking to get my first machine I looked at the Prochem range but after looking at the forums and doing research I opted for the Airflex and Matt at Cleansmart usually does some pretty good deals and you can even go on the 1 or 2 day training courses held there with Derek Bolton (ex. Training Director of NCCA).

Paul Heath

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:18:29 pm »
With any prochem machine over £1000 you will get a free training voucher for there course....very worthwhile attending.

jim mca

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:49:04 pm »
Clare

I have a prochem steampro and airflex mini the prochem is to heavy to take up stairs but is a good machine and should not be a problem for repairs I run 17.5 metres of hose with no problems for flats I use the airflex mini a really great little machine when coupled to a magma heater would recommend both machines but if you can get a airflex pro or the 400psi ninja steve is selling then I would go for one of them.

PaulKing

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:11 am »
Theres a decent all tec machine for sale in used equipment by dek if you want to go secondhand, but must agree the training from prochem might be very handy especially if it saves you form making a mistake on a carpet.

Also Dereck Bolton is a highly respected trainer in this industry
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

expro

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »
Hi Clare,

Prochems Steempro PowerMAX has twin Vac motors and will work fine with

up to 100ft of hose although you will lose a little bit of suction power.

Have you got the twin or single vac machine?
Expro

Clare.w

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 01:36:23 pm »
Thanks every one!

I had a look at your suggestions and I really like the look of the scorpion, but can only see it listed on one site, is it sold anywere eles?
Just asking because I was hoping to lease it rather than buy outright (buying a house next year as ftb's and don't want to dent this years earnings!)
Also would the scorpion fit in the back of my Vaxual zaffera? actually would any of them fit in there, along with vacuum etc?
Will will buy a small van or something later but for now thats what we have.

Is there anywere I can go to see these machine's in action? I'm in Norwich and can't find anywere in norfolk at all

Clare

Richard Cole

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:22 pm »
Hi Clare

The Scorpion is a very good machine I have just replaced my Airlex Pro with one. You can only by it direct from the company at Solutions - World of Clean.  With the new Jaguar comming out however you might find a good second hand one as people are upgrading.  I know there was one for sale on the other forum on Solutions, worth condsidering.  Our you going to be using the machine yourself? The reason I ask is that like a lot of machines on the market they can be quite heavy and whilst not wanting to suggest a female operater might stuggle with the weight of these machines etc, I don't want to offend you or any other members of the fairer sex, hence why I orginally suggested the Airlex Mini.

Clare.w

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 01:58:14 pm »
Lol, no I won't be using it myself! my hubby will! he works out a bit and has nice strong arms!!
I do all the reserch though-(and spend the money :))

I thought the scorpion was quite light?

Clare.w

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »
I've just seen that they do have a leasing option! :)

Richard Cole

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 06:06:51 pm »
I think it say's somewhere on the website that they can be lifted one handed, take that as a bit tongue in cheek, they weigh around 38 KG, which is lighter than some. Not sure if you will get in the back of estate car though, and that could be said for most machines.  That been said the Scorpion is a great machine and at around £20 per week is very affordable, just don't forget all the extra's you will need like wand, hoses, spray pump's, brushes, chemicals / solutions, vacuum cleaner, agitator ie sebo duo, dryer, and other bits and pieces!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:26 am »
You said you wanted to see a machine working

Have you tried High Crane  they are about 10 miles outside Norwich .

Or you could take a trip down A11 M11 to Alltec and take a look at their machines

If you go to Manufacturer all machines may appear to be expensive to repair

But if you are making loads of money it is worth it