Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seamus campbell

Renault Master van
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:01 pm »
Hello Gents

Just bought a 2001 Van 118k miles ex council looks very clean. Drives well but  ever since ive picked it up people keep telling me how bad they are, has anyone anything good to say about these vans :( :o

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Renault Master van
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:55 am »
I think they are the same as the Movano? The only thing I found out was the gearbox can sometimes go pop. I've had mine for 18 months had about 185 thou on it, now 220, serviced it, new cambelt (just in case) bullet proof (1998). I only planned on using it as stop gap until I got a new van but while she's running i'm happy. If you're worried or concerned I'll give you £500 for it ;D get shot while you still can ;)

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:53:52 am »
Simon to see the movano is still going strong though more of a testiment to the previous owner than me who really looked after it..........Regards Alan(swindon)

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:16 am »
I've just picked up a very nice looking (53) Nissan Primastar, 96k.  It's in the garage already with an unknown fault >:(

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 08:39:54 am »
Whatever make of van (or car or even carpet cleaning machine) it will have its faults and if you act on everything you hear you wont buy anything.
You need to listen to faults people say, particularly listen to those who have actually owned one of what you thinking about.

colin thomas

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:18:01 pm »
on any van or equipment used it often boils down to the way it is treated, i have a vivaro which often gets slated for gearbox failure, touch wood i've never had a problem at all, it has 6 gears but i rarely get it into 6th because it strains it too much with the weight in carries in my opinion. i own and drive my van, i dread to think how some 'employed' workers drive their vans,

:o
colin thomas

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 07:24:32 pm »
on any van or equipment used it often boils down to the way it is treated, i have a vivaro which often gets slated for gearbox failure, touch wood i've never had a problem at all, it has 6 gears but i rarely get it into 6th because it strains it too much with the weight in carries in my opinion. i own and drive my van, i dread to think how some 'employed' workers drive their vans,

:o

In my defence, I bought the van on Monday and it broke down on the Wednesday. Apparently it's an electrical/sensor fault ??? But the lazy gits still haven't fixed it.... >:(

Paul Heath

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:54:08 pm »
Colin its done "dreekly" down here !! ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »

Don't I know it.... ;D

richy27

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:59 pm »

Don't I know it.... ;D

ay colin hope van is fixed soon.    you have now joined the french van owners club    its christmas every day as the lights in the dash stay on all year    lol

Colin Day

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:08:35 pm »

Don't I know it.... ;D

ay colin hope van is fixed soon.    you have now joined the french van owners club    its christmas every day as the lights in the dash stay on all year    lol

If that's the case, my kids won't be getting much of a Christmas this year, but my car mechanic will be spending Christmas like a millionaire..... with my money ;D

richy27

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

Don't I know it.... ;D

If that's the case, my kids won't be getting much of a Christmas this year, but my car mechanic will be spending Christmas like a millionaire..... with my money ;D

i even got a bottle of wine from my mechanic last year every time i drive in he sarts rubbing his hands

derek west

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 08:50:07 pm »

Don't I know it.... ;D

i even got a bottle of wine from my mechanic last year every time i drive in he sarts rubbing his hands
as long as he's not rubbing anything else when you pull into the car park. ;D

craig melvin

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »
The master vans are great ! had the last one for 6 years (w plate) now got a 54 plate and had it for a year and half. THink there great value! ball joints and wheel bearings have always beenmy issues. also because they have to be pressed off/on.

good luck with your van!

Craig

PaulKing

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:47 pm »
i will probably be fine, all vans cost money, mine just blown a turbo and the dealer price is £1200 for one and its a merc and four years old so don't be worrying too much
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 11:40:28 am »
I have a Renault Master 2.5Dci on a 57 plate, its a Luton box vehicle and I love it, we use it for picking up leather suites etc for bringing back to the workshop.

They are supposed to be difficult to work on because most things aren't easy in, easy out, everything in the engine compartment is boxed in by something else.

seamus campbell

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »
thanks for all the replys. Managed to track down some information on the vans history. got t speak to the guy who drove it and serviced it for those years in Council garage. Said it was a great van had everything it ever  needed done to it and was used as a dog warden van. Sounds like it was well maintained. heres hoping