Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Who uses call divert?
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:47:35 am »
My quarterly phone bills from BT have been steadily increasing over time, so I contacted them yesterday to see if there was a better package that they could put me on, we mainly use the phone for call divert to my mobile (1664 call diverts last quarter)

They have moved me to BT Business unlimited which gives me unlimited landline and mobile calls (including call divert) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  It now costs me just £22.50 plus landline charge instead of the astronomical prices was I was paying before. 

I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I've been paying over the top for so long and also annoyed with BT who were quite happy to take my money without advising me that there were better packages out there.

Steve Gunn

Re: Who uses call divert?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:15 am »
Use a burnside 11.99 line rental to virgin,£10 a month to giff gaff for 250 minutes free internet free texts free giff gaff to giff gaff calls

clinton

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:00:31 am »
Is that per quater ian or monthly?

Me too am on bt divert and must say am happy with the service..

cheers clinton

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:23:49 pm »
I was with BT Ian, and call diversion was costing me a fortune.
Have since changed to Talk Talk.

For 25 a month i get call diversion (500mins free) free evening and weekend calls, 16 meg broadband ( i am only 500m from exchange where they have a booster) line rental ( nothing to BT ) caller display .

Overall it saves me 80-100 a month  8)

Andrew

clarkson

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:36:21 pm »

HI
 I use a virtual reception. pressplay its not cheap but gives you added value.

one is that the phone is answered quickly by a proffessional receptionist. If you dont answer quickly enough sales calls wont leave a message and move on.

second is they get rid of any pushy sales people for me within 15-30 seconds.

third i find it takes so much stress of me not having to stop and answer the phone constantly.

they  email you all your messages. so it works best if you have a smart phone with email set up on it.

then on breaks you can flick through you messages, action the important ones. and file the rest.

cheers

john

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »
who do you use clarkson? i've been thinking of this myself as we lose so much work simply because can't answer the phone always when head is stuck in the oven or in a meeting.

JandS

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 02:56:38 pm »
Answer the call and say can I ring
you back in 2 minutes just coming
off motorway.
Ring back using free mobile minutes.
Costs pennies on your divert bill then.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clarkson

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 02:59:55 pm »
who do you use clarkson? i've been thinking of this myself as we lose so much work simply because can't answer the phone always when head is stuck in the oven or in a meeting.

hi
pressplay

cheers

john

clarkson

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 03:34:19 pm »
Answer the call and say can I ring
you back in 2 minutes just coming
off motorway.
Ring back using free mobile minutes.
Costs pennies on your divert bill then.

hi
yes but i get that many calls i would be calling people back constantly. i can honestly say my stress levels have dropped since using the service.

it also sounds really proffessional when a cool calm receptionist answers the phone, rather than us all huffy cos we just spilt chemical everwhere and we are hot and bothered etc.

cheers

john

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »
i agree. it's something i've wanted to do for ages. how does it work as surely you'd be constantly calling customer back, or do you get transfered the call? if so what happens when you don't answer, does the receptionist take a message? can they make bookings/give prices, effectively take required details, e.g. room size, when they need it, roughly what they want?

clarkson

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

hi
 they will do as much or as little as you want, but remember the charges are based on per second billing.

you do still divert your phone to the call centre, but this is a low rate national. you can also get a package to cover these calls

so i have them get the core info name number reason for call of the phone asap. they are instructed to get rid of trouble makers and sellers asap. they estimate get rid of nuisance calls in 15 seconds, core data from a contact in 30 seconds. they then say your not available, or in a meeting etc, will call you back.

they then email this info to you. you can have it text as well but this is an extra charge, so better to use email on a smart phone.

its not for everyone you need to be busy enough to warrant the costs. its the old story you either need to time or money. if your busy on good paying work you need time, if you are slack you need money.

of course when your not busy you dont divert. when my girls are in the office they take the calls.

you can then read it at your lesuire or when convenient get back to them.

richy27

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:39 pm »
same as andrew i have been with talk talk for 3 years now my landline s are all erte o my mobile all time  i have a bundle inc my broadband , divert and calls bill is about 30 quid a month

clarkson

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »
same as andrew i have been with talk talk for 3 years now my landline s are all erte o my mobile all time  i have a bundle inc my broadband , divert and calls bill is about 30 quid a month

hi richard
 at 850 a day from your truckmount, your time is worth £1.77 per minute if you take 10 calls a day, thats 20 quid a day. ;D

richy27

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »

hi richard
 at 850 a day from your truckmount, your time is worth £1.77 per minute if you take 10 calls a day, thats 20 quid a day. ;D
;D

jim mca

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »
If you can get a virgin phone line £10 per month unlimited calls £8 and call divert
£2 per month all calls free to virgin mobile £20 per month total

garybristow

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »
i use virgin ,£2.00 per month for divert but 19 pence per minute to my t mobile phone
Gary Bristowclean

Graeme@Access

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 03:40:50 pm »
Use a burnside 11.99 line rental to virgin,£10 a month to giff gaff for 250 minutes free internet free texts free giff gaff to giff gaff calls

Same here and it works like a charm. The best bit is being able to tell who called you via txt message and change the router options remotely.

Good bit of kit

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

jim mca

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
Gary change your phone to xl and get a virgin mobile (xl costs £8 per month) free call to virgin mobiles 24/7