Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cherubs

Zero rated VAT
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:45:20 am »
Hello

Does anyone know anything about zero rated VAT?  Most of my work is with National Home Builders which is not Vatable but I have domestic customers who wouldn't qualify for this.  Do I charge them VAT or request to be zero rated?  It is very confusing?

???
Maria - Cherubs Cleaning

dustdees

Re: Zero rated VAT
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:29:30 pm »
Hello Mrs,

I got the call from Matt, thanks for that.Iam working out to see if it is possible.

Glad to see your are on the board at last,

Cha Soon
Love
Denise

Tim Downer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 01:31:07 pm »
Hi

Apparently......If the dwelling is unoccupied and an empty shell (i.e. new builds requiring builders clean and a sparkle clean) then VAT is not charged....However if the dwelling is occupied then you have to charge VAT!!
No doubt there will be mixed answers to your question as has appeared on other postings.....so it would be fantastic if one of us out there, an accountant type person etc could say for sure about the VAT issue.

All the Best

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

cristal

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
Hi
If the company you work states it zero rated VAT, you do not charge them VAT, We had something simliar with products that we supplied to one of our customers.

The best thing is to phone your local VAT office, but get them to send it in writng, as they are very good at saying things over the phone.
But as soon as they come to inspect your books and you do not have it in writing, you will end up having to prove your case.

Regards
Eugene
Eugene McMenamin