Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Getting soaked
« on: October 06, 2005, 08:29:36 pm »
We're new to wfp - we been using it for nearly 5 weeks.

It seems to work ok but one big problem is just how do you keep dry?

Today I did 2 windows down an alleyway between 2 houses. No matter how I tried to keep dry'ish, I got drenched and winters coming.

Thanks and cheers

Re: Getting soaked
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:45:47 pm »
Hi Ross,

Have you considered wearing a water-proof jacket? ;)

H h20

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:50:36 pm »
You could always adapt an umbrella to your pole  ;D,Gaz.

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 08:56:37 pm »
I tried waterproofs but ending up sweating buckets.

I was thinking that is there some secret technique that I don't know about other than getting one of the others to do it?

As for an umbrella attached to the pole ...... don't laugh, I've been thinking about something like that......

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 09:05:47 pm »
HI Ross,

If you can reach the window from a neighbors garden, ask the neighbor if it is ok to enter their garden, this is what I do. Or, depending on what pole you have, if the head has an angle adjuster on it, spin the head itself so you can operate the pole at an angle (so you are not under the window, you are approaching it from the side) again, this is another method i use.

Andrew

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 09:23:12 pm »
Aswith 24/7 if you can clean the window from the side (a little harder but saves getting soaked),

I also wear those Yellow gripper gloves this time of year as the hose tends to pick up all the crap off the floor and can really cut into your hands, they get wet but you just put a dry pair on cost about .75p from a cleaning suppliers
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 10:09:37 pm »
Thanks for the above.

I'm beginning to realise that there is more to using wfp than the obvious as in 'grab pole' 'wash window' 'rinse' .. put stuff back in the van and off you go.

I think it's the same as with traditional methods in that you get to know each place and eveything as to how to do the job which applies to that place only.

We have a brush stuck on the end of a pole. It can be angled up and down 90 degrees to the pole, but not at any other sideways angle.

Neighbours gardens? I hadn't thought of that. Aslo, I've cut myself twice (only minor) from dirt or whatever stuck to the hose. Gloves... now isn't that obvious? Also a decent high quality water proof jacket. More money... my missus won't believe I need to spend it.  :-[

I think we need to buy some more bits for the pole/brush other than the bog standard fitting that comes with the pole.

And I thought ........

Cheers

matt

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 10:48:39 pm »
on alleyway jobs

i allways park my trolley right under the window

then clean from the side of it at a angle

why do i park my trolley under the window you ask ?? ? ?? ??

to stop me from wandering under the window when cleaning, thus i keep dry ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 11:16:29 pm »
Hi Matt

You really do have it worked out. That is simple and effective. Those simple things are worth there weight in gold.

We just need something that allows the brush to be turned to an angle that is quick and easy to adjust. Any idea's?

I'm still going through all that has been posted on your forum. There is so so much there that I missed before actually using wfp's.

Cheers