Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

preston powerblast

I have just got a new add on
« on: October 07, 2005, 07:26:46 am »
Yesterday I was a t a job removing paint from a rendered wall, while I was up at the top of the building the customer asked if I could have a look at his lead gutter.
I told him it could do with a clean,
So I cleaned it.
Then he asked how much to repaint the render I had just cleaned.
I gave him a price and he accepted.
Then another guy pulled up and asked how much I charge for a full clean and paint.
I went to look at his job gave him a price he accepted, while I was there his next door neighbour asked if I did pointing, I told him 25 quid a metre he too accepted.
He has also another three properties for me to go and see.
So it looks like im adding on property maintainence..

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

Re: I have just got a new add on
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 09:19:48 am »
Hey what can I say,
you can never have to many strings on your bow, I started car Valeting and ended up doing Chewing gum removal,Graffiti removal, drives and patio's crime seen clean up, never cleaned a window or carpet though.
Malky ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Power Wash,polish & shine

exoclean

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 09:37:17 am »
Hi Gary,

When I first started all of 6 months ago I thought I'd just be doing the normal drive/patio washes & sealing, in that time I have done: Pointing, Decking stripping & staining, creosoting fences, block paving/patio levelling, broken up concrete pathways, garden clearances.

I even have a job booked in next week to do a bit of simple landscaping! Despite telling the customer I'm not a professional gardener and it maybe better if she could contact someone else, her reply was "Ahhh, I'm sure you could do it"
I have to lay down some stepping stones, re-turf another section as well as clear her garden of some unwanted growth. My opinion work is work and I'll have a go at most things.

Regards Paul

preston powerblast

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 05:38:16 pm »
Funny you should say that Malky, I was approached this week and asked if I have ever considered crime scene clean ups and RTA Clean ups.
Whats involved?
I even got asked today if I build extensions :o
I'm a good joiner and plumber and have done the odd patio/ driveway.
But I cant lay bricks for toffee, or plaster.
Thats right Paul work is work and it all pays.

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:31:55 pm »
Hi Gary, 8)
Been doing Forensic cleaning for about a year now jobs are scarce one month loads the next, not that hard as long as you follow some simple rules there are courses but they can't teach common sence, I spent 22 years in the forces so I had a good grounding, suit up, clean up, bag and dispose via burning a blue chip company get rid of my waste as they burn most days I wash a van they burn a bag cheap as chips. Every thing is a bio hazzard rta scenes are easy power wash with bio cleaner after body fluid has been soaked up using various poultices(paper rags)
Getting a call at two in the morning to clean up blood and vomit from some police station miles away is not very nice though. :(
Cleaning up after some poor sod who has died and has not been found for several weeks is a stomach turner but not hard as you clean nothing, lift shift and burn,disinfect and odour illiminate, then the cleaners go in and do what they normaly do wouldn't do it full time though :'(, preffer car valeting anyday
regards
Malky  ;D ;D ;D
Power Wash,polish & shine

preston powerblast

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:39:46 pm »
Dont really think its the job for me, blood n guts dont bother me, seen a bit of that in my time, but the stench of the dead does.
Think i'll stick to the drives.
Cheers Malky.
                        Gary

mina

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 09:11:54 pm »
I agree with you there Gary, even the smell of a dead hedgehog has me lurching for the loo!
Its funny how jobs lead on to other different work, once the customer trusts you they want you to do everything ;)
Stu

preston powerblast

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 08:57:48 am »
I thought about property maintenance before getting into cleaning.
As I have all the tools and can do the work to a very high standard.
But like you said Stu, once you have gained their trust they want you to do everything.
Its probably because they have been ripped off in the past by cowboys.
I look at it this way, I have very high standards in everything I do and if I'm happy. Usually my customers are happy.