Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

REPLENISHMENT
« on: October 06, 2005, 12:17:27 pm »
Hi all, i am in the middle of drawing up my check list ,when in an office for the client to tick what they want done, to give me an idea how much to charge, acording to the work they want. Now some companys like you to provide the bin liners/loo rolls ect; when doing my costing/quote ,when i have ordered the paper products ect do i add 1% on for providing them every time i put an order in and at the end of year calcuelate by 52 weeks , then add this to my quote before giving it to the company

kind regards blacksheep ???

Simon H

Re: REPLENISHMENT
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 12:34:41 pm »
Hi

I always try not to include consumables as part of the quote for cleaning but rarther sell them as an  add on

I give them a consumables price list and they can pick and choose what they want I find it keeps things simpler

Regards

simon
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:56:27 pm »
hi simon, thats a better idea, but i assume you add a little more then what u buy them for, do they pay for that as a seprate invoice each month or is it added to your yearly quote  regardsblacklsheep

Simon H

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:08:54 pm »
Hi

We add what we can to our wholesale cost normally between 30&50% this covers our costs delivery etc and gives us a profit.
We invoice separately normally the day after we deliver

hope this helps

Best regards

Simon
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:28:21 pm »
WOW that much, i was thinking 1% ,i learn something new all the time, would have made very little profit in the first year, thanks for that, my pc is so slow this morning i hope it does not crash again

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 02:31:56 pm »
Consumables can be a nice little earner. ;)...........we normally add it to our calandar month invoices ,we work on about the same percentages. 8) between 30 and 50 %.

chris

CMS

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 06:09:49 pm »
Add this in to your quotation...................

"Consumable items would be replenished from your own stocks (these can be supplied at an additional charge)"

They are then likely to say to you .............'when we need them, just supply them'.

Then buy them in and add on your margin before you supply to the Client (I add on 20%).

If you're really clever you don't ever have to see them. Order them for delivery to your Clients premises. Then add your bit on.  ;D