Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Harry Robins

First paid carpet.
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »
I suppose it would only be polite to give you a bit about my background.  New to carpet cleaning, but fairly old hand at window cleaning ( commercial, domestic and builders cleans)
First proper paid job on thurs, and I'm feeling nervous being out of my comfort zone.  Two small rooms (one oat meal coloured carpet, the other oat and light tan mix). They are both looped ( and very flat) and synthetic.  The worry for me is they have hessian backing.
I will be using  multi pro prespray and fibre rinse.  I will pay particular attention not to over wet ( ps  machine is a  steempro powermax). 
Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: First paid carpet.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »
Relax, leave as dry as humanly possible and don't forget your training and what was said there.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:10:43 pm »
Shauns post is right mate..

Take your time too and the first few jobs always take a long time.

You will get confidence on each job and also speed up too.

good luck

Fran84

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »
As long as you have decent suction then you shouldnt leave it too wet with a powermax.

Make sure it gets a good scrub when using Multi-Pro and give at least 10 mins dwell.

Harry Robins

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:02:07 pm »
Thanks for everyones help.

Will get back to you on thurs.

Paul H

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »
same as you mate approx 6 weeks ago.......advice......you'll have thought long and hard about this first job.....relax and enjoy it... in 6 six weeks time you'll be like me! still thinking long and hard about every job with added thinking long and hard about the last job! lol....

enjoy mate and good luck

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:51 pm »
Check the fixings. A few dry passes with every wet and the advice above you should be fine.

james roffey

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:20 pm »
My second year an and i still think, what can go wrong dont think its a bad thing though, plenty of dry passes, agitation too.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:22:26 pm »
First job should be

1.Inspect
2.Inspect a little more
3.Touch feel
4.Test a small area

It's a good habbit to do and you will understand what's not to go wrong, hitting furnishings with Multipro ph10 isn't the way to start your carpet cleaning career IMO unless it is the correct product for the job, just a bit of care on the first few as if it goes wrong on your first one you will have a lot of equipment sat in your garage.

Be careful and be cautious and be insured.

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »
shaun, are those 4 steps carpet related or your advice for a night in with the mrs!!
 :o
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »
After 2 kids there aren't any small areas!

Shaun

steven Banks

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »
shaun, are those 4 steps carpet related or your advice for a night in with the mrs!!
 :o

I'm in stitches at that comment.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 11:58:33 pm »
its your 1st proper cc job - follow your training, trust and beleive in your capabilities and I am sure you will acheive great excellence - tho most importantly please dont forget to enjoy, savour and remember the experience - this will give you a very competetive edge in the long term future of your business when you might consider letting your standards drop just to earn a faster buck...

best wishes and good luck

Stu

Harry Robins

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »
Once again, thanks for everyones help.  After careful consideration, I went for underkill rather than overkill ( Prespray gold and fibrerinse).  I was, and more importantly, she was very happy with the results.  Felt very good to get that one out of the way.

Paul H

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 05:58:05 pm »
pleased for you mate...good luck in the future

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 05:59:52 pm »
Well done Harry good move IMO to go for a less aggressive pre spray for starters, experience will allow you to go up and down the ph scale with confidence and you can now look for your next job with aplomb.

Shaun

mark joyce

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:21 pm »
well done feller its a great feeling  :)