Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Re: How strange ?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »
I have a white pair of trainers for customers home creates a good impression, respect a customers home as you would like someone to respect yours.

Jim_77

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »
I can't believe nobody else has mentioned covering up with sheets ???

Changing your shoes is all very well but what if you walk off a pre-sprayed area on to the new carpet you're not cleaning? You'll be walking the stuff all over the place.  What about drips or spillages from sprayers/wands/buckets?  What about hoses laid straight on top of the nice new carpet?  What if you've unknowingly got a piece of equipment dirty elsewhere and spread it onto the new carpet?

The number of times you walk from work area to van  must be at least 10 if not 20 round trips per job, depending on what you're doing.  Changing your shoes up to 40 times per job WTF ??? !!!

Simpler and less time consuming to carry some old cotton sheets with you and if you're not cleaning it, cover it up!!  Also means you have no problem wearing one pair of shoes rather than becoming a professional shoe changer!

terrymaloy

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 10:27:49 pm »
I can't believe nobody else has mentioned covering up with sheets ???

Changing your shoes is all very well but what if you walk off a pre-sprayed area on to the new carpet you're not cleaning? You'll be walking the stuff all over the place.  What about drips or spillages from sprayers/wands/buckets?  What about hoses laid straight on top of the nice new carpet?  What if you've unknowingly got a piece of equipment dirty elsewhere and spread it onto the new carpet?

The number of times you walk from work area to van  must be at least 10 if not 20 round trips per job, depending on what you're doing.  Changing your shoes up to 40 times per job WTF ??? !!!

Simpler and less time consuming to carry some old cotton sheets with you and if you're not cleaning it, cover it up!!  Also means you have no problem wearing one pair of shoes rather than becoming a professional shoe changer!
Good valid point...but some people are funny about even putting sheets down on a brand new carpet.
They think they might be dirty, dusty and out the back of a van ?
The customer also did ask if I would take my shoes off...
what was I to say...Erm No, but I will but some sheets down ?
The 1st guy may have suggested that ( I dont know )...
The end result was I did take my shoes off and put plastic covers over my feet (no sheets) and she seemed happy with the result.
Hope she did'nt noticed the drips off my wand on the new landing carpet !!  ;D ;D ;D

Simon Moat

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 10:32:19 pm »
What sort of grubby individual wears dirty socks?

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 10:43:45 pm »
Never had any negative reactions to sheeting over carpets myself, only impressed smiles and a reassured customer.

But I'm not knocking you at all Terry, there are some funny people in this world and I reckon a high percentage of them have their carpets cleaned!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 11:49:24 pm »
I'm a dust sheet and blue over shoe man. I also lay another sheet under the machine if the machine is being operated indoors.

Tony