Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Afterglow Window Cleaners

Non Payment Advice :(
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:22:57 pm »
Hey guys,

I recently did my biggest job on 15/4/11 for a local company, they wanted me to clean 4 apartment/accomodation blocks at Condover Hall near Shrewsbury at short notice.

Anyway it was a builders clean, windows caked in brick and saw dust, I spoke to their guy on site and he agreed that they would pay £1 per window set (180 sets) so the total would be £180.

Anyway, long story short I have not been paid for the work, I have sent invoice and texts to the company owner and heard nothing :(

Any advice on the best way to pursue the money from them?

Gaz

Mike_G

Re: Non Payment Advice :(
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 02:52:28 pm »
Dont text them, phone them up and talk to them, but most take an age to pay so I wouldn't be panicking just yet if I were you, some companies only do a payrun once a month.  And on a slighty different note that price sounds very cheap to me for a builders clean

Davie T

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »
Find out who makes out the payments, regularly contact him or her and log all calls, promises etc etc.  If you feel they are then taking the p*ss, you have all the waffle in front of you.
Remember " you don't make a profit until you are paid"

Helen

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:39:07 pm »
What payment terms did you give them and what payment terms did they agree to.
What was details on your written quote with regard to payment.
Did you have a works order number issued to you. did you rememember to put that on the invoice.
Normal payment from this sort of company is on 30 days, so you are jumping the gun a bit here, but some of these businesses will not pay until you chase it in.
No texts, no e-mails, phone calls only is the best bet, or if no too far from you arrange to call in and see them (nicely) it's amazing how quick some will pay if they know you are not too far away. :)

gordonswindows

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »
Was the job theirs or was it subbef to them and then to you?

Maybe they are waiting to get paid too

Best advice is talk to them don't demand talk

To avoid this happeneing again put a deposit on the quote and link it to a discount, this way they "save" money and you get a bit upfront

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney