Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Franchise?
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »
Just found this firm from round these parts whilst browsing.

http://www.wakefieldcarpetcare.co.uk/price_guide.htm

Their prices are a lot less than mine and they use a TM.
Are they a franchise?
How does the name your price thing work?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Jim_77

Re: Franchise?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:50:16 pm »
Small print - "average" prices.  I wouldn't worry about a local competitor advertising like this, they're not appealing to my market!

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »
Don’t think Wakefield Carpet Care is a franchise but a network, why not put them to the tests and see what’s happens if not happy there’s always the ASA located at Chesterfield S43 3FB ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:00:31 pm »
It's actually not a bad marketing ploy when you think about it, provided of course that you are prepared to work cheap in exchange for a full diary.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:02:28 pm »
The guy who has these sites comes on here, it's Monte Rooney he did put his real name on the forum I think it's Michael Bullock apolgies if I have got it wrong he advertisers like this in most parts of Yorkshire, Derbyshire and I think Notts.

Shaun

james roffey

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:22:17 pm »
Quite depressing reading that the "whole house " price  ::)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »
Each and everyone to their own, Mick advertises in my area and it doesn't affect me, it may give some customers a price guide to what prices they may expect but then again not everyone sees his sites as not everyone on the net sees mine how ever hard we try to be up in the search results.

Shaun

steven Banks

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:47:39 pm »
"Buying the customer" I hear so many customers who say i could have got cheaper else where but i just dont trust there services. Pricing cheap is'nt always the way forward in many a customers opinion.

colin thomas

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »
iv'e had a £10 per room merchant in my local paper for a few weeks now and iv'e made a point of bringing it up with my customers, each of them said that they wouldn't go near them with a barge pole. obviously there are those that will but i wouldn't want them as my customers anyway. i sort of admire these cheap guys who are willing to work for peanuts, but i wouldn't do it,

colin
colin thomas

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:51:54 am »
I think a lot of people will think it is a gimmick and fear that they will be put under pressure once they name their price. I'd love to find out how much people offer to pay ;D

Simon