Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Leighbrad

Re: Google getting even greedier
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 10:45:45 am »
Wynn
I like your style.... It sound very much like my 2 sons and Daughter when they are out cleaning  I always know were to find them when they are working local if they choose not to answer there mobile....
They will be having the full Monty in the best local cafe in our area at some point in the morning!  ;D
Carpet and Upholstery In Cleaning Essex and East London Since 1982
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/
www.kingswoodcleaners.co.uk/
www.carpetcleaners-essex.co.uk/

garry22

Re: Google getting even greedier
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »
I think you would be surprised how little of our websites are read by our potential customers, they just want a list of Carpet Cleaners and a few phone numbers and that is exactly what they get from Google Places

It depends what business you are in. I do web marketing for a site ranked nationally. It has really long copy on each page. Stats and customer e mails strongly suggest that they read every word. An e mail came in this week from Biarritz, asking if the company would travel down there to do some work. The lady said that after reading the website, she decided they were the most competent to do the work.

I agree with you about mobile websites though. They need to be done in a different way. Maybe video will be mobile's "long copy"?

From a personal point of view, the Panda update is a really good thing because it has / is reducing the trash that's out there.

Leighbrad

Re: Google getting even greedier New
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »
Hi Gary,
I personally am finding from  the questions we ask clients that the the majority are looking for a quick contact point of reference tel no or email and pay little attention to the sites in general....... the analytics's back this up also but if 70% of your new clients are getting you from the search engines a proportion of those will look at content and will go else where if the landing page does not capture their attention so Good Seo for the time being is still paying dividends.

Untill Google moves all  organic listings of the 1st page due to their impending changes requiring you to pay either by PPC or for a placement in Google local places when a quick contact point will definitely be the order of the day I will continue to utilise good seo........

Thats why I think  posting prices in PPC shoots you in the foot because the prospect will not even bother calling.....

You have already set out you stool so they will ring the next add and if the voice on the end is pleasant and says the things the client wants to hear..... Bingo You get the job!

Cheers Leigh
 :)
Carpet and Upholstery In Cleaning Essex and East London Since 1982
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/
www.kingswoodcleaners.co.uk/
www.carpetcleaners-essex.co.uk/