Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bennymon

anybody tried this
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:56:22 pm »
http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac_CFX_powerpod.shtml   have any of you tried this yet  looks good but not sure how you would fit it to most taps.

Fintan_Coll

Re: anybody tried this
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »
The idea is good but as there is such a vaiety of taps out there I think you would need to carry a lot of different fittings with you and even then you will find taps impossible to attach a hose to, but maybe there is a simpler answer which we are overlooking.

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 02:30:12 pm »
A pump/tank in the van would work ?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 03:26:41 pm »
is this available in the Uk?

I had problems when i first started pressure washing with customers without outside taps so had to use a tap inside i never found a tap i could not use with a bit of ingenuity. so I would think this would be the same

but I think it works direct from the tap so you would only have a fresh water rinse, the water pressure would be dictated by the home and the temp would be an issue
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 03:42:37 pm »
The steaming demon is a similar setup and been around for a few years
http://www.steamindemon.com/

Seems a good idea but I bet having all those different hoses setup will slow down the cleaning process and make the machine a bit cumbersome.

Would be interesting to know of anyone who has tried it though.

Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »
I could make a machine with the same concept, it would.nt look as good or be as small but it would do the same job.

here is a machine that at first look completely different but does the same job..... at a quarter  of the price, (they did a smaller version of this with the same twin vac)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »
if it wasnt for the taps i think it would be a great idea wouldnt even need the van :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »
Why are the taps a problem?

i quite often connect to a kitchen or bathroom tap when using the tm and have never had a problem or a tap i couldnt use.

Theres plenty of tap connectors you can get from B & Q etc that will do the job nicely.

Steve

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:33:07 pm »
I have two adapters for most taps, one for a mixer or square tap and one for a regular tap. When I do EOT I use the washing machine tap under the sink, the fittings are universal but access is not always possible. Van tank would be the most logical option

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:08 pm »
According to Rotovac someone has one in the UK.

Runs on mains water pressure.

bennymon

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »
a tank in the van would defeat the object for me i liked the idea  it took up very little space and if you wanted you could just chuck it in the car .