Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Leighbrad

Are Google Adwords Working For Carpet Cleaners
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »
Hi folks
following  a recent  campaign on Google ad words that left me somewhat disappointed I decided to  research all the information available on this subject ..... After  having spent more than  50 hours reviewing every forum and post one could find on the internet  about  Ad words I have decided to air my views  about such findings.
The main Question I had was are we as carpet cleaners in the UK getting a fair response from Google thats worthy of  the cost involved of advertising on adwords......
What about  the  clicks that Google say you  get...... because when you compare the server logs they tend to show a totally different story
Also is our  industry subject to more click fraud than most with the the biggest culprits  often being your main carpet cleaning competitors!

My full full article can be found at http://biorezy.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/do-google-adwords-work-for-carpet-cleaners-in-essex/
 :-\
Carpet and Upholstery In Cleaning Essex and East London Since 1982
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/
www.kingswoodcleaners.co.uk/
www.carpetcleaners-essex.co.uk/

CATMAN

Re: Are Google Adwords Working For Carpet Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »
I think adwords is a complete waste.

BUT as you say it's a good earner for google. I cannot remember the last time I clicked on an advert for a product or service.

Perhaps someone on here can tell us the positives of adwords, other than being a google shareholder

Good blog by the way, they may (never be evil) alogo your other websites out of their rankings if they see you knocking them

Leighbrad

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45:13 pm »
Cat man
thanks for the reply what do you mean by your last line? are you seriously saying they may knock one for criticising  them!
At last I  have got the answer as  to why most people say only good things about Google....
The day I stoop to that may some one cut my tongue out  and feed it to the dogs..... then hang draw and quarter me.....  that truly spells out the end for our democratic system or what remains of it! Back to the good old days of burning at the stake!
 We will have the scenario portrayed in many futuristic films of the world run  by an evil computer based system..... em food for thought!
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

garry22

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:20:36 pm »
Leigh (? I hope that's right).

How have you got away with all those links in Wordpress.com?  ;D

Leighbrad

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:28:48 pm »
What do you  mean..... the scenario portrayed in many futuristic films of the world run  by an evil computer based system?
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:44 pm »
"What about  the  clicks that Google say you  get...... because when you compare the server logs they tend to show a totally different story"

are you suggesting google is falsely claiming that someone has clicked onto your site and charged you when they haven't?

Leighbrad

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:37 pm »
That would make me a candidate for libel..... but if you read my full posting on this blog https://biorezy.wordpress.com/ I think I have covered  most bases by asking the appropriate questions!
 ;)
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

Adam P

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 10:19:57 pm »
so are you saying it or not?

Leighbrad

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
Read the Post I spoke about people being anoraks....
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »
it's a simple question. you seem more avasive then google when asking for a contact number

Leighbrad

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 10:43:14 pm »
you obviously have not read the post it will answer your question
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »
but you wont...

garyj

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 11:17:44 pm »
He's the gift that keeps on giving  ;D

Leighbrad

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »
 gcs
That is why I do not bother posting on this forum to often you get this sort of infantile reply to a serious topic of conversation.... a one  line responce.... if you can read more than one line I will repeat my self yet again Read my Full article but if that is to much for you I will understand.... that will be  my last comment to you on this matter.
 :-X
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »
ok well this obviously wasn't clear enough for you then. i wanted you to clarify my first question. 10 posts later still waiting to the point you're getting wound up but it's such a simple question i wanted confirmed. So reading then the answer is yes you're seriously suggesting google, the biggest internet advertising provider is illegally making false clicks for self gain as the billions the make already isn't enough they now want to risk it all for a few more pounds which in effect results in less now that you aren't using it, and this is after they give every single service they offer away for free.

tbh it isn't a huge loss for a poster to not post here often if when asked a simple question they refuse to answer it as it was said once before in a hidden way. you're forcing me to click through to an external website when it could have been answered in one post. the article is clearly for self gain which is why immediately there is a link back to your site, and you need more clicks to get better results for yourself. it's the end of the web as we know it any way so don't worry about organic listings no more it's all ppc.

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 11:08:51 am »
you really are an argumentative little muppet aren't you.....

;D ;D ;D

Adam P

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 11:11:57 am »
thought it was a simple question

Leighbrad

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 11:22:15 am »
Hector
 That comment is so cool 8) I could not have worded it better!
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/