Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark m

Help needed for pressure washer
« on: April 12, 2011, 12:01:01 am »
I am after a cheap pressure washer i have to clean my drive and decking i dont need it for every day use but i thought someone could tell me what min pressure i need to do this work as i dont want to buy cheap cheap one and not do the job  ;D ;D

Blast Off Stoke

Re: Help needed for pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 07:25:33 am »
If its just for your own drive would it not be better to get someone in to do the job ?
If you want one to use for work then it would be better to buy a decent one .Have a look at the other posts on here about the same subject.

mark m

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
If i got someone to do it , it would cost say £50.00  so that would be £50.00 off a second hand one if i do it myself i just wanted some advise on what the min pressure washer i would  need i am a window cleaner i am not trying to nick any work just want some helpfull advise please   ::) ::) ::)

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:23:28 am »
mark,
I wasnt getting at that i was just saying it seems a bit of a waste of money to buy one just to use it once a year.
If you do want one though just for this purpose though then a cheap one (disposable) should do the job.Presuming you wouldnt be buying a rotary washer and just using a lance then i would think that any machine would do, just make sure it has changeable nozzles and not one with just a pencil jet on it.It would take weeks using one of them.
Dont really know what pressure they put out though.
If you think you may use it for business aswell then get the best you can afford,there have been loads of posts about which washers are suitable for commercial use on here already.
good luck.

Ged

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:50:48 pm »
Address:  Tech-Clean Supplies Ltd
Sea Bank Farm
Coal Shore Lane
Grainthorpe
Louth
LN11 7JF
email:  sales@tech-clean.co.uk
Telephone:  01472 388880
Free Phone:   0800 035 1019
Fax:  05601 256 398

if you want to do it as an add on to your business speak to jan she will advise you. they manufacture and sell good quality professional kit. got my gear there. also good aftersales help in my opinion. just to do your own decking / paving just get a little electic karcher with patio cleaning attachment and be prepaired to spend lots of time on it.

good luck

ged

Griffus

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »
If i got someone to do it , it would cost say £50.00  so that would be £50.00 off a second hand one if i do it myself i just wanted some advise on what the min pressure washer i would  need i am a window cleaner i am not trying to nick any work just want some helpfull advise please   ::) ::) ::)

Well, you're already on a winner as you'll certainly be saving more than £50 by doing it yourself..........

::)

Darranvps

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »
Try and get something from 140 BAR and 11 ltr per min and you won't go far wrong!