Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

altro flooring
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

Hi
i have been asked to clean some toilet canteen floors. i always thought this florring was called altro but not sure of this.

its the vynil you get in hospitals and other public areas, very hard wearing with a slightly gritty effect. it also tends to be fitted up the walls a few inches instead of skirting.

i have cleaned some before just deck scrubbed it, was ok but not the best result i have ever got.

any one know best way to clean this and is there a chemical designed for it.

cheers

john

Robert Parry

Re: altro flooring
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »
Hi John,

First things first, check that the floor is actually Altro flooring!

If it is indeed Altro flooring, you need a rotary and blue bristle brush, best chem in my opinion is ultrapac renovate, mop the chem on, leave for 5 to 10 mins, then scrub the floor with the rotary, suck up the slurry using a wet and dry vac.

Mopping the floor only, will only move the dirt round, not actually get rid of it!

Using a deck scrubber, would be extremely hard work, and ineffective on all but the smallest areas.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

mark joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »
get altro floor cleaner and use a rotary with a black pad wet vac up slurry then wet again until clear use small pad by hand in corners and high up skirtings

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »
I'm with Rob - was always told at training never to use a pad on safety flooring - use the brush. I also would use ultra-pac but would remove it with my carpet machine and the hard floor tool which would rinse the floor with fresh water. safety flooring goes white and pastey if its not cleaned correctly

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:11:42 pm »
Does it have joints with welds.
Altro also have products that are wet trade.
Brush selection with these can be critical.
Black pads if used on a particularly heavy machine may be too abrasive.
Expect discolouration if it's been left a long time.
Huge amounts of soil can be removed but an "as new" appearance is unrealistic if it's a minger.

clarkson

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »

Thanks guys

i have a brush plate for my 17 inch numatic scrubber but its quite course, sort of the same bristles as a deck scrubber. is this to much?

anyone know of a source for the above chemicals.

cheers

john

Denise l

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:49:05 am »
Try Virosol. Spray it on, agitate it with a deck scrubber or machine brush it not pads, then vacuum up with wet pick up or mop it up. Just done hundreds of the ruddy things in a hospital. Worst floors ever for marking and trying to keep clean.

D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:15 am »

Thanks guys

i have a brush plate for my 17 inch numatic scrubber but its quite course, sort of the same bristles as a deck scrubber. is this to much?

anyone know of a source for the above chemicals.

cheers

john

I recently attended a complaint with the Altro Tech Services guy. He was of the opinion that the Numatic Green/White Brush on their Scrubber Dryer was too course for their resin based products.

Is this a sheet vinyl product?

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »
Cleaning and maintenance
•   once installed, we will provide cleaning demonstrations
•   we will provide Operations and Maintenance packs to meet your CDM requirements

The problem here is that it not fitted by them but a sub–sub contractor who knows nothing about cleaning it. I’ll go green 1st if no go then its black pad as for brushes think they recommend a unipad blue. (pad)
Cleaning agents I’ve tried most even stripper ultrapac renovate dose seems to have it but must try viro-sol like the idea of citrus solvents

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:04:22 am »
Cleaning and maintenance
•   once installed, we will provide cleaning demonstrations
•   we will provide Operations and Maintenance packs to meet your CDM requirements

The problem here is that it not fitted by them but a sub–sub contractor who knows nothing about cleaning it. I’ll go green 1st if no go then its black pad as for brushes think they recommend a unipad blue. (pad)
Cleaning agents I’ve tried most even stripper ultrapac renovate dose seems to have it but must try viro-sol like the idea of citrus solvents

Len,

What's CDM Construction Design Management have to do with cleaning of the floor type?

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 06:47:43 pm »
Dave

I wondered about that too ??? it was cut and past from there site ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clarkson

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:25 pm »

Hi All
  Thanks for your help.

cheers

john

clarkson

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 08:01:58 pm »

hi guys
  did this work today ultrapac with blue pad and wet vac up. worked a treat floors came up perfect.

clients chuffed.

would nt mind more of this work, nice easy day, inside, top money.

thank you for your input all of you who posted.

cheers

john

Adam P

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »
blue pad or brush? glad it went well how did you come across getting it?