Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

What's the normal selling price of a round
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:56:37 pm »
What's the normal selling price of a round?

I've just been approached by a father and son outfit who work the same area as us, nice guys, professional set up, but they're looking to get out of window cleaning as the father has another venture going which is what they want to persue.

Anyway, they've offered me their window cleaning work, domestic and commercial, roughly £2,000 per month for ..... £3,000, which I think is pretty good.  They've also offered me their 56 plate transit and an 18 month old Ionics PRO6 Thermopure system for £11,000. 

I don't really need another van, we've got 8 already, but I am tempted at the window rounds.  As we are the biggest in the area, he's given me first refusal till the weekend.

Comments?

Ian101

Re: What's the normal selling price of a round
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:06:57 pm »
if its all it seems then in one word BARGAIN normally see stuf like that for 5 to 6 cleans on windowroundsforsale.com ....ive paid 3 to 4 x the clean last year for a few rounds

Jackal

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
wish someone would offer me that amount of work for 3 grand,if its all genuine id just rent it out no question about it,

RO-Sheen

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »
Cheapest I've heard is 2.5 times the monthly income. He is offering 1.5 times. What a bargain if the round is good.
Even if you are not sure if you want that extra work you should still buy it. You can sell it easily if you decide its not for you.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

alanwilson

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »
£3k is practically giving it away if its anyway decent work - I would expect at least £12K for 2K of our work.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:56 pm »
sounds too good to be true?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:30:56 pm »
I sold the same amount for 5x .... have it Ian

If only half of its worth having its still worth it
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:43 pm »
2K per month?

What did he do with the rest of his work?  Ionic pro 6 & 56 plate transit would suggest a bigger operation would it not?

If it's descent work & genuine it's a bargain but is there an explanation for the above Ian?

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
Just rang him about an hour ago and agreed to take the work off him, he's been established for 18 months and has had a lot of them for most of that time.  It's currently taking him 9 days to do the window cleaning side of the business.

We've also just agreed to buy his "bin cleaning" business off him, trailer mounted system and 470 customers cleaned every 4 weeks.

I've declined on the van and system, but if anyone is interested give me a call and I'll pass your details on.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 04:40:09 pm »
Bought it today, take over the work from 1st March.

Theres also a van and PRO6 Thermopure system available if anyone's after one, nice set up, see the "For sales" section, he's also got an Ionics Upkeeper Gutter vac system for sale.

Give me a call if you are interested in any of the kit

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 06:40:03 pm »
Congrats to Ian! Well done.
It's a game of three halves!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 07:34:27 pm »
Good for you mate, tell us a bit about the bins:?

tony braid

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »
Ian its Tony i have spoke to you before on this forum we do a lot off commercial and domestic in Northumberland area
Ian can i give you my mobile i could be intrested in the guttervac i have omnipole vacs but if the price is right i would be intrested i have the contracts for them
Tony 07831568114

Ian Rochester

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 09:00:06 pm »
I now know why the selling price was so cheap........he's not been doing a lot of them since before the snow in December!!

Luckily I put in a clause and we have only paid 50% of his asking price with the balance due after the 2nd clean, which will be the balance of whatever work has been retained.

As it happens we have managed to keep most of the work, but a lot of the customers are unhappy with him, we are putting letters through everyones doors saying we are taking over and that they won't see any change in the service, got phone call today from a woman saying she hoped there would be a change in the service as it had been dire!!

The bin cleaning business is easy money, but again he's not been servicing all the customers, we have lost a few of his original list as they haven't seen him, however we have picked up many more new customers including some commercial work

Jackal

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 09:12:26 pm »
it was cheap so you still should of had a bargain from it how many windows custys have you lost?