Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark blundell

how do i remove a green stain from a wall
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »
hi guys

one of mu customer want there gutters cleaning and they have been leaking down the red brick wall and left a green stain any ideas how to remove it

i did a test patch with a stiff garden broom and pure water and it came off but any ideas of any better ways as access is akward as it is above o porch

i was thinking stiff wfp brush but how stiff can you get these brushes

thanks all

Re: how do i remove a green stain from a wall
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:08 pm »
A wire brush might be better.

Liam1990

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:51 pm »
You can get fairly stiff wfp brushes but I would use one to scrub a wall, yard brush is cheaper, or maybe a quick blast with a pressure washer ?

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:25:41 pm »
Use hydrochloric acid (wall & masonry cleaner)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:38:02 am »
the viklan are pretty stiff bristles did the same on our hse had that nasty algae stain down the paint

mark blundell

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:57:19 pm »
thanks lads for the reply's i dont really want to use chemicals or pressure washer if i can avoid it.

its a really soft red brick and its a posh house electric gate entry massive drive you know the type.

wire brush would be way to abrasive for the brick and i dont want to clean the whole house so wouldn't want to make the green patch all bright and new looking then have to clean the whole house to match it in think i might try stiff wfp first