Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pure Glass

Aqua dapter
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »
So.... going to order my SLX30 tomorrow,

Aquadapter worth the £60? How many of you use them?

Ive only heard good things, but wanted your reviews/opinions.

I'm not overly concerned over water usage as Im not on a meter and I've got a 650l tank for domestic and some light commercial.

Ta, Steve

Pure Glass

Re: Aqua dapter
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:52:37 pm »
Sorry-the above post sounded as if Ive disappeared up my own bottom.

Not intentional to be a igorant plank, it comes naturally

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:00:26 pm »
I have one and really like it, have had spring break on it a couple of times which is a pain though, but they are supposed to have better springs in now.
If you are not bothered about water usage, well it just turns the water on and off, nothing else so up tp you really.
chopsie

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:37 pm »
How much weight do they add to the end of the pole?,thats my concern.

mattflashmatt

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »
if your gonna spend money on a good pole like a slx why add all the waight of a aqua adpter ? dosnt make sence to me. just a thought.

chopsie

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »
I have an slx 25. It obviously adds weight to the pole, but not a lot at all. It work well for me as i use my minibore hose reel as pole hose so no loops of pole hose dragging around or getting in the way like with taps or triggers. Had taps and a autobrush before this and the aqua dapter beats them hands down.
chopsie

Justen Uff

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:23:49 pm »
I think I will get one

not ;D

mattflashmatt

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:52 pm »
blimmy do u not think you minibore is adding lots of wait to your pole. a slx weight per sectoin is 25 grams lighter than a clx and the flex is less but with your hose it must weight so much more than clear tubbing. just a thought but is it worth spendind £100 more on a slx 18 just to add that weight anyway. im not being cocky sorry if i sound rude

SPE

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 01:36:18 am »
I know someone with an aquadapter and have had a go of it, its ok but I'm happier saving my money and using a tap on the end of the reel hose, its clipped to a lanyard that i hang round my neck so it does'nt drag on the floor and is always to hand and to be honest i think its quicker to turn off and on than pulling on the hose, cheap too.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 07:31:12 am »
I would not be without the AD - i have a 400 ltr tank and wothout the AD i would not be able to
do all my work in 1 fill - i also use a high flow rate so quick easy on/off is important

i tried taps either trailing behind and at the brush head i used a remote - none of these are as effective as an AD
for instant control

as for the extra weight - i think it's around 150 grams( cant remember the exact weight ) it does not really effect the pole like a heavy brush as for most cleaning the weight is 'in line' with the pole as you work underneath.

like everything,  it suits some people and not others

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:07 am »
i've got a aqua adapter on my slx18 its brilliant i have a pole tap on my slx30 which i will be replacing very soon with a aqua adapter

weight is 200grams i was told at the cleaning show