Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garybristow

Re: Microsplitters???
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »
yes hector i have but i cant see any improvement ,so do they clean carpets better than normal quality chems?
Gary Bristowclean

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:06 am »
Yes Gary, just as good if not better, but they do take a bit of getting used to, to get the dilution rate, dwell time etc right.

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 08:06:29 am »
Hector

In your experience what are the best dilutions and dwell times for say a lightly soiled PP, a heavily soiled looped wool or a average soiled cut pile 80/20?

Chris

Billy Russell

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 08:32:12 am »
I'm trialing SPM from solutions at the moment and to be fair i'm getting some good results! but i was cleaning a night club carpet yesterday and the spm was good but just wasn't quite good enough! So i had to pull out the hydramaster blitz and use that on the rest of the carpet! come up like a dream!  ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 08:34:10 am »
Using nemesis at the mo fom restormate russ.

I also do use solutions hd on some real bad jobs as a back up.

i didnt realise nemsis was a micro splitter !!  must take more notice of what i,m actualy using ;) as for m/s  i tend to use when cleaning suites, and having used most on the market I find Craftex from restormate to be the best value as i do not believe a noticable differnce can be seen with any of them, be honest and a tweek of any of the cleaning pie procces would make a diiference to the results any way. All i can say is some of you guys really who can see a difference have bloody good eye sight  ;)
geoff.
ps.
has anybody actualy compared m/s side by side, same temp,material,soiling,pressure aggitation ,dwell etc etc.
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 08:34:20 pm »
Using nemesis at the mo fom restormate russ.

I also do use solutions hd on some real bad jobs as a back up.

i didnt realise nemsis was a micro splitter !!  must take more notice of what i,m actualy using ;) as for m/s  i tend to use when cleaning suites, and having used most on the market I find Craftex from restormate to be the best value as i do not believe a noticable differnce can be seen with any of them, be honest and a tweek of any of the cleaning pie procces would make a diiference to the results any way. All i can say is some of you guys really who can see a difference have bloody good eye sight  ;)
geoff.
ps.
has anybody actualy compared m/s side by side, same temp,material,soiling,pressure aggitation ,dwell etc etc.

it would appear njot then !!!   just reasures my thoughts that they are all as good as each other  :-\
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »

But how would you do that outside lab' conditions?
You would need to make sure you put EXACTLY the same dirt in the same density evenly across various carpet all having exactly the same age/wear/tear etc etc.
I'm not saying it can't be done but do any of us have the time or inclination to do this. if somebody could, the information would be invaluable because it would be a users review and not that of one manufacturer over another.

gwrightson

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »

But how would you do that outside lab' conditions?
You would need to make sure you put EXACTLY the same dirt in the same density evenly across various carpet all having exactly the same age/wear/tear etc etc.
I'm not saying it can't be done but do any of us have the time or inclination to do this. if somebody could, the information would be invaluable because it would be a users review and not that of one manufacturer over another.

My point exactly Neil, so how do these people who claim 1 m/s is better than another come to that conclusion ,because i Cant tell no marked differece in any of them, so my conclusion is simple.go for the best value and untill some body proves otherwise i will stick to this or is their infact the placebo effect kicking in here ? 
Geoff

peter rowan

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »
I've not tried powerburst but see that a number of you recommend it.  Do you use it on domestic carpet as well as commercial?  Synthetic only?
I see prochem only suggest  commercial , greasy restaurants etc....

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:44 am »
Hi Peter

True it is recommended as you describe but a minger is a minger! so it can be used provided you rinse well with an acidc rinse (like fibre & fabric rinse) to stabilise the Ph. Try not over apply to avoid browning or damaging the fibre, wool will retain a lot of moisture so it's quite easy to keep away from the backing but as I said rinse well. Keep temp to around 50C but mix well in a small amount of hot water to ensure it's dissolved. I only use it as a last resort but find Pre spray gold or DFC 105 from chemspec do an excellent job as do most of the other products mentioned earlier.