Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert meldrum

Waiting Time For Pump Part
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:53:23 pm »
I ordered a part for a Shurflo pump on 16th Nov from Woodbridge as they were the only one I found supplying the " bell end " part and I assumed it would be a stock item ( yes I know never assume ) anyway, having lost several jobs over the past couple of weeks - it's for my portable which is only used for poor access properties - I just phoned for a progress report to discover.............

It's going to be at least another week and it's coming from Switzerland. Now when I purchase directly from anywhere in Europe or even America I can get overnight or 24 hour delivery . Has anyone experienced this kind of delivery situation for this industry.

In normal times it would be bad enough but it's the busiest time of year and the loss is considerable.

Don't you hate relying on someone else where money's concerned.

Re: Waiting Time For Pump Part
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »
. Has anyone experienced this kind of delivery situation for this industry.

It just so happens I could do with new pump elememts for both my metal and plastic Gloria sprayers, although I can probably bet on the spares being almost as expensive as the full sprayer.
I had a major falling out with the local Peugeot garage when the speedo went on a previous van. They told me it would have to come from France, take over a week and cost....a lot. I could have driven there and collected it quicker.
I took it on myself to phonecall around the country and found one that could be delivered within 48 hours at a far less price.
Sometimes manufacturers take the easy route and make ONE call to their prescribed distributor, when if they just tried a little harder they could get it cheaper and quicker else where. 

clinton

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:13:02 pm »
Your right there and customer service comes into play.

Thats a fair wait for the part.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 05:31:39 pm »
As far as I am aware the UK parts distributor is Williamson Pumps in Sussex

I ordered one last year and got it within a day.

I think it was this time of year

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »
Robert these days its just as easy to buy a new pump off ebay or the net,they are quite cheap. Keep your old one for spares. Also you normally get next day delivery off most suppliers.

Dennis

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:26:14 pm »
Is this the one? I've had a couple of things from this supplier, the service is good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Shurflo-Endbell-Kit-/270661470825

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:44:50 pm »
Yes thats the one, good price too Prochem.
Charge £45 plus vat plus delivery.
Mark

robert meldrum

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »
Yep thats the one ...........damn

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »
I could dig one out for you