Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: Would you pay a fee to use this forum?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 01:07:08 am »
I think it could be fair to pay something as long as it aint alot and if it improves things what about £1.00 20k people thats still gona generate 20k a year

WCE

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:32 am »

The criteria with which people make decisions is rubbish.It winds me up when people praise a t5 .

Sorry to wind you up then Slumpy but I'd rather have a T5 or for that matter a T4 over a scudo anyday. And yes there are practical reasons - Each to their own - Anyway back on topic....................................... 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

zimzam

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:40 am »
id pay it would get rid of all the idiots posting rubbish on here
;D yes there are some halfwit posters on here ::)

lol.my thoughts exactly.  ;D

I noticed there are a lot of "watchers" on cleanitup that contribute little. Just look at the earnings per hour thread! 4500 views from people who are willing to take from this forum and not add their own input.

Why not put a small fee in place to keep out the riff-raff!?  ;)

id pay to get the sad gits who post rubbish like this removed...

agreed again. ;D

JSMC

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:08 am »
no fee should be paid as the forum has sponsors which pay money. this should be used to run the site. i use a celtic forum wher ewe have no sponsors but thousands of members and it use dto run so slow all the time. a decision wa smade and people aske dfor their views on whether they would like to pay or have sponsor son the site.

We all decided to pay a fee of 10 quid approx evey 2 year. the left ove rmoney get sused for making donations to charity and stuff but also for  incresing the servers on which the sit eis hoste dif need be. I tworks for us.

The pserson who runs this site already make smoney from sponsors so that should be used as money for running the board i reckon.

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:20 am »
No way jose!

formb

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:29 am »
I think there may be a market for a site with a very small fee.

But,

The reason that this forum is any use is because it is free.

ant french

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 01:36:16 pm »
I cannot see why you would want to charge for this forum as it really is a community of which genuine people share views and you can bounce ideas off one and other.

If anything I think as the vast majority of you are professional you should try and regulate the industry and even licence it to stop people undercutting you and claiming benefits or not paying tax.

This is where the problem is and this will affect you and your income.  People not contributing on hear does you no harm.

Why penalise the genuine window cleaners to try and stop the peepers.

i agree  ;D

clearlyclean

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 01:41:22 pm »
thats what the adverts are for,if you charge we would just migrate to another forum

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »
id pay it would get rid of all the idiots posting rubbish on here
;D yes there are some halfwit posters on here ::)
wise words again from the wise owl ;)

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »
No.  Too much rubbish is posted sometimes.  Look at a the word association thread.   ::)

windowswashed

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:33 pm »
No to paying.

Encourage newbies to post within a reasonable time of joining instead of peeping or limit their viewing to encourage new posts from new members :)

david watts

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 06:33:04 pm »
no fee should be paid as the forum has sponsors which pay money. this should be used to run the site. i use a celtic forum wher ewe have no sponsors but thousands of members and it use dto run so slow all the time. a decision wa smade and people aske dfor their views on whether they would like to pay or have sponsor son the site.

We all decided to pay a fee of 10 quid approx evey 2 year. the left ove rmoney get sused for making donations to charity and stuff but also for  incresing the servers on which the sit eis hoste dif need be. I tworks for us.

The pserson who runs this site already make smoney from sponsors so that should be used as money for running the board i reckon.
this site that gives to charity does that inclued the british leigion ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

JSMC

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 07:44:07 pm »
dry yer eyes mate. it isn't representing the full celtic support. Rightly or wrongly that protest the other day was done in a place where it shouldn't have been done. I wear a poppy every year as i have family in the forces.

rangers fans are whiter than white eh?

FF website on the net is some place eh?