Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Damaging posts !
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:46:17 pm »
Do you think that some posts on here are damaging to new people who are just starting out ?

I am talking about the unrealistic earnings and the ease of getting  quality work.

It must be disheartening for some looking on here and thinking that a lot of what is said is true !

erithwc

Re: Damaging posts !
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »
in some cases they can be telling the truth some people on here do earn very good money, but what they forget to say is the amount of time and money spent to get their business to that stage.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:55:10 pm »
wpp you get a few egos on here who think they inflate the realistic view of there bussiness cus they av nothin to do all day a few prime candidates come to mind so if ya business is good and happy with your pricing structure and a good client base then you dony need to ad the ego bit do you agree mate

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:48:26 pm »
Forget damaging posts, i cracked a wing mirror- bolt sticking out went right into it when i reveresed out.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »
Same old story though , its not the people on here who are to blame,

its the same old mentality of some newbies who think they will be rich over night, ....

Its hard work building a round which pays well.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »
a lot of the good earners have been doing it for years and have refined there round, the prob is newbies, who think that they should earn £30 an hour from day one, and cant understand why they arnt,  i know a few who hav started there own business and then left as they wasnt making the money they thought they would

ant french

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »
Same old story though , its not the people on here who are to blame,

its the same old mentality of some newbies who think they will be rich over night, ....

Its hard work building a round which pays well.

you hit the nail on the head, im finding it hardish to get new custys but i think it getting colder aint helping me

weetot

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »
1st rule of self-employment....

Don't believe a bloody word anyone in the same sort of business tells you. 

Unless its advice on pumps and poles etc: ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:14:38 pm »
this is no more than a forum , what people read and believe is upto them.
Just because some say they earn x amount a day/week ,so what.
It's hard graft at the end of the day WFP OR TRAD i have been doing both for yrs now  8)
Just of sailing in my £35,000 yatch , now where did i put the keys to my Merc  ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 05:25:01 pm »
Only £35,000 ??? ??? ???

You've only been at this game for six months then obviously ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »
Forget damaging posts, i cracked a wing mirror- bolt sticking out went right into it when i reveresed out.

;D ;D ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:40:00 pm »
a lot of the good earners have been doing it for years and have refined there round, the prob is newbies, who think that they should earn £30 an hour from day one, and cant understand why they arnt,  i know a few who hav started there own business and then left as they wasnt making the money they thought they would

Not having a go ant french but blue monkey you hit the nail on the head there

whats with this thread, i havent even started yet because im in the process of getting custys but i think its prob the best business to be in, where else can you earn 30-40 quid a hr. my mates a qualified landscape gardener and he get 15 a hr and he studied for 2 years. i cant wait to get cleaning them windows and watching my bank roll go up  ;D ;D

ant french

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »

Not having a go ant french but blue monkey you hit the nail on the head there

whats with this thread, i havent even started yet because im in the process of getting custys but i think its prob the best business to be in, where else can you earn 30-40 quid a hr. my mates a qualified landscape gardener and he get 15 a hr and he studied for 2 years. i cant wait to get cleaning them windows and watching my bank roll go up  ;D ;D

30 a hr is poss tho isnt it, im getting average of a tenner per house and if my custys are all on same road i can do 3 houses in a hour easy cant i? only took me 15 mins to do my nans house which has 14 windows. not trying to sound cocky but if u set a target of how many custys etc u want a week its poss aint it? im not aiming to earn mega money like everyone thinks they can get, if i can seriously get 60 a day im happy as im only doing it parttime while my daughters in school.  maybe in summer ill take it full time. ::)

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 09:21:38 pm »
it is possible,  i do a job where i earn £60 for an hours work,  but not many of them,  i average about 18 ph, but i dont try to hard, other earn more than me,  but it does me

clearlyclean

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 08:18:49 am »
Those damaging fences more like.Jumped one the other day and miss timed it now I can sing for a choir.I believe everything I read on the internet.To any newbie just do your own thing and dont worry about what others are earning

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 08:25:36 am »

Just of sailing in my £35,000 yatch , now where did i put the keys to my Merc  ;D

Your poverty disgusts me!  >:(

Steven01903

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:33 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D