Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Help finding a route planner
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:00 pm »
Have a problem and thought someone may be able to help.I'm doing some mileage and need to find out how many miles I did. I've got the places I went to.

Have been using aa route planner classic, but once I add 3 via's it throws me onto the new version which only let's you have 4 via's and I need 10 via's

Does anyone know a route planner that will let me have 10 + via's and is quick & easy to use ?

So far have tried...
Aa
Rac
Multimap
Green flag
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Help finding a route planner
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »
try dean taberner sure he uses
something similar m8 ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Chris Cottrell

Perfect Windows

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »
http://maps.google.co.uk/

put in the box your start point and "to" the end point. e,g, swindon to reading or SO15 6RG to SO19 8TN

Once it's up, there's a link on the left to "add destination".  Do all the places

Then you can drag places up and down the list into the right order.  I use it regularly for jobsheet route planning using postcodes.  Saves me a mint.

Vin

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »
I didn't fully understand everything that was said but this sounds a really good way of doing things.

I presume you have to be online to use google maps?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:05 pm »
Yes, you do need to be online.

It's hard to describe, but the way I use it is I put in a journey from home to home: so15 5gl to so15 5gl

map comes up.

Then "add destination" and put in any clean say so19 9ty (or whatever)

add all your cleans in any order and you end up with a mad route.

Then you just drag the stops around up and down the list and it recalculates the route.  You do it till the route is sensible.  Make my home address the first and last on the route (by dragging around the list) and everything's lovely.

It's easier than it sounds and it sometimes saves miles over what you might guess as a correct route.

Vin

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:29 pm »
The reason i didn't collaborate with you on my 'project' vin was that the place i went had no internet.

I was going on holiday and thats why it was a two week project, to givr me something to do.Usually the places we go are are five star and internet is the norm.This time it was the hotel -titanic turkey- and the internet didn't work.

The other thing is i don't really like sharing really powefull ideas on here.Of course if i thought you could keep stum...

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »
thanks for the help guys... didnt see that option on google :)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

geefree

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:10:44 am »
This is what i use ... its simple like me  ;D

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:33 am »
The reason i didn't collaborate with you on my 'project' vin was that the place i went had no internet.

I was going on holiday and thats why it was a two week project, to givr me something to do.Usually the places we go are are five star and internet is the norm.This time it was the hotel -titanic turkey- and the internet didn't work.

The other thing is i don't really like sharing really powefull ideas on here.Of course if i thought you could keep stum...

It goes both ways.  I never talk about anything anyone has told me in confidence and I expect the same.

Here's a freebie, as I know you like your business books - take a look at "The E-Myth" books.  They have affected me business-wise more than anything I have ever read.  Strip out the Californian hippy slant and they are an utter, utter goldmine.  I know that you, of all people, will get the point.

Vin