Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Slaney

Tile and Grout Help
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:33 am »

Hi
  received this email today , I’ve got an en-suite bathroom with white-grey/mottled marble floor tiles that have completely lost their shine,  have slightly yellowed around the toilet,  and has discoloured grouting..

Don't do take on many jobs like this, but he is the md of a major company we do work for and would like to keep him happy. Can anyone recommend any products that would give a good result. I don't have anything like a sx12, the only tools i usually use are minitex and grout brush, hard floor wand and a tm.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers Mark

Cathedral Floorcare

Re: Tile and Grout Help
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »
If it's actual marble, then it will have been more than likely etched by the acid in any urine that's been in contact with it and would need honing then polishing (which may sort the grout too if it's only surface dirt). If it's just dirty ceramic marble-effect, then high alkaline and some elbow grease - the grout would probably end up being the hardest to clean and would benefit from grout colouring - recommend that they change any white grout to grey on a floor and it will stay looking clean a lot longer.

edit; Sorry, should have added that Aquamix make all the products you'd need for either type of floor, and although it might not be the cheapest option you can at least get hold of them easily enough. You'd need Knock Down for honing, Renue for polishing, and Concentrated Tile and Grout Cleaner for cleaning. They also make a good epoxy grout colourant, though it's a bit of bitch to work with.

Mark Slaney

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:23:02 am »

Cheers Cathedral

What pad do you recommend for the honing process and what do you use to apply the polish with.

Thanks Mark

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »
No probs Mark. I use a green scrub brush for honing, as it will eat up normal floor pads, and a tan horsehair pad for polishing. 

Chris

murky

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:52 am »
Hi Catherdral,

Just as a general query whats wrong with their tile colourant, I got the impression their stuff was allright.

Murky

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:11 am »
Murky - don't get me wrong, it's good stuff, I know from experience that it really does last; I did my next door neighbours' bathroom 4 years ago and it still looks perfect. The only downside is that it's a bit of a pain to work with - the stage where you remove the excess is messy and slow. I'd still favour it over acyrilic based colourants though.