Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael robinson

Varistream switching itself on .... HELP
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:27:18 pm »
As anyone experienced this before, for about 3 weeks now when i connect the varistream to the battery they come on when they are not supposed to but when i switch it off it doest come back on, so i just move the clip on the terminals and they come on. So when i switch it off and drive off and stop to do some work it switches itself on during transit that is then when i switch it off it starts to behave itself so get job done switch off varistream drive to next job open back door and varistream is ON. Weird if you ask me so has anyone experienced this before answers on a post card please (only joking) just on this forum will do, because the other varisteam is fine no problem just this one has been behaving oddly. Thanks...

formb

Re: Varistream switching itself on .... HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:14 pm »
Sounds like a dodgy earth to me.

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:48:24 pm »
i had this happen to me before when i had a homemade box storing my varistream battery n pump it would do exactly as you mention, basically i was finding during the colder days moisture was building up in the box and the terminals on the battery were the varistream connected were always damp or wet making it switch on as you said, so just ditched the box and kept all the terminals dry and it stopped the problem.

paul

dai

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:22 pm »
I have a switch on the live feed between the Varistream and the pump, the Varistream can be on all day but the pump won't work if it's switched off.
This is a simple toggle switch on the outside of the pump box.