Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

What machine to buy
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:54:05 am »
Hi,

I mainly clean windows to large commercial buildings, however I have always had various equipment for different jobs customers ask for, such as pressure washing, gutter cleaning and carpet cleaning. I have carried an NSS Stallion 818 SC with all atachments around for a number of years, but unfortunately one of my guys used a dry foam carpet cleaning solution? and the motor packed up. I have been quoted over 500 pounds for repair and decided that for us, it would be better to buy an alternative machine(s).
We could do with something smaller, as we can always sub contract out the larger jobs.
Is there something out there, suitable for cleaning smaller office carpets, including tiled carpets, and also suitable for upholstery cleaning.
We are based in West Sussex and may even be interested in a used machine.
What do you suggest?

robert meldrum

Re: What machine to buy
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:51 am »
Never come across this machine before but it has a standard 3 stage / single vacuum motor which should be easy to replace yourself. It will cost from around £60 - £120 for the motor.

However, for the carpet types you mention a better option would be a rotary system which is much quicker to use and gives excellent results with no vac'motors to wreck.

For upholstery a small extractor combined with bonnet mitt / dry foam is a good combination.

Darranvps

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:22:26 am »
Never come across this machine before but it has a standard 3 stage / single vacuum motor which should be easy to replace yourself. It will cost from around £60 - £120 for the motor.

However, for the carpet types you mention a better option would be a rotary system which is much quicker to use and gives excellent results with no vac'motors to wreck.

For upholstery a small extractor combined with bonnet mitt / dry foam is a good combination.

Where can I get a motor from?
Cheers

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:58:49 am »
First identify which motor you have, http://www.wcsuk.com/acatalog/Motor_Identification.html then do a search online for the best price. Woodbridge above are very competitive but you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »
Robert

Where do you get your bonnet mitts from?

Cheers

Bob

Dave Roberts

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:42:09 pm »

You can get good bonnet mitts from restormate.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 10:09:42 pm »
Bob

I got them from UK. ETC in Coupar for about a fiver.............they seem to have shot up in price though