Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pest

product choice
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:59 pm »
Hi all on this forum everyone seems to rate prochem stuff whereas on the other forum its solutions m power etc.. Is it just a case of people stick to what they know? I like the sound of the solutions eco friendly stuff do pro chem and others do similar eco friendly products that work or if I want to go down this route is there only the one choice of supplier

Matt Seymour

Re: product choice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:13:14 pm »
The other forum is sponsored by Solutions, so there's your reason for the promotion of M Power etc.

Have to say that M Power is great for jobs where the carpets are in good condition, but I find it doesn't really cut the mustard for anything more than minor soiling. Tried using it on a fairly minging carpet the other day and it failed miserably even hot and mixed at 80:1.

I use products from several different manufacturers Prochem, Solutions, Craftex etc. It's horses for courses I guess.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »
Sorry, forgot to mention that Prochem do eco stuff as well in their natural range.

clinton

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:13 pm »
You will find what works for you after a while mate.

It might take time to find what you like and what works for you..

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:57:32 pm »
Pest
There are more and more starting to use M-Power, or Nemesis from Restormate, on here and getting good results.
Some are achieving remarkable results even on the bad carpets.

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:19:07 pm »
Pest

Why are you doing carpet cleaning?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

pest

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:45 pm »
Pest

Why are you doing carpet cleaning?

To make more money ........

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »
When I watch the news it's always going on about how pest controllers can't keep up with demand. I don't here that much from many carpet cleaners. But I guess the grass always seems greener.

Epidemics

Moles

Bed Bugs

Rats

vs.

Carpet cleaners

Laminate flooring

Leather sofas

Dirty English people

no bar to entry

Linds Russell

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 09:46:44 pm »
Consider Chemspec.

I rate some of their products over the Prochem equivalents.
Linds

pest

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 10:02:00 pm »
I'm not going to become a cc its just an add on I can offer the student letting agents I deal with just like I don't do waste removal but today I landed a  job clearing a loft for a customer after clearing the rodents. I'm not a builder but often get asked to block up holes to prevent rodents gaining access and the other day I cleared a section of guttering while up a ladder treating a wasps nest. If I can make a few extra quid whilst out n about I will.

wynne jones

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 10:22:37 pm »
I reckon flea jobs will easily get you carpet cleaning as well because people often ring wanting their carpet done because of fleas.

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 02:22:57 am »
When I watch the news it's always going on about how pest controllers can't keep up with demand.

I regularly watch the news, but cant remember when I last heard mention of pests or pest controllers.