Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

Re: My first complaint(help please)
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
a fortunate result for you there dave as derek said get some carpet sliders and i would take the opportunity to review your insurance and perhaps take up treatment risk. i use a broker called mcgregor lloyd and i am sure a few others do on here.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 01:48:12 pm »
Yep

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »
Good customer :)

fitz2kleen

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »
A christmas card for that cuzzy
and you can pair up with me when christmas monopoly gets braught out [[ uve got the 'GET OUT OF JAIL FREE 'card :) ]]
Alls well that ends well but a lesson learnt regarding insurence aye.
We insure with AXA and have cover for property worked on.
Regards Marc

Linds Russell

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 04:43:25 pm »
Great result!

Some great advice above regarding furniture sliders too.
Linds

Dave_Lee

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »
Happy outcome Dave. As others have said get some proper insurance, but also be aware that even with that you will be liable for the first £500, with most policies.
Apart from slicing the carpet when moving heavy furniture with dodgy castors etc, on synthetics the carpet can actually partially melt, causing burn lines, which are permanent.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 06:52:31 pm »
Are you sure the lines wheren't there before you started Dave?

Stu.Clem

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »
Fair, but to be brutally honest, lucky result as both happy - but before you rest  too easy - legs can do - and always will when you least expect it - slide off even the best "sliderZ" so get your insurance sorted  - next time it may be a proper carpet...

Stu

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 11:26:44 pm »
good for you Dave i say

you were obviously concerned about it, you dealt with it and didnt try to hide and seek and i respect your balls for posting it on here - i think that many reading this will be checking their policies and also be gently lifting the sofa into position next week!!

ignore the guys who make out they havent had some lucky escape themselves at some point......

Colin Day

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 11:41:43 pm »
I actually did the exact same thing once but the custy let me off because she'd managed to do the same herself as the castor had broken because... in her words... "my fat ex husband probably broke it when he'd sat down..."

I still looked at it as a learning curve as you have and use furniture sliders every time, now.....

Good result mate and I think you handled it like a true professional... :)

Grant Whyte

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 11:44:28 pm »
these are expensive but you get what you pay for. without a shadow of doubt, the best furniture movers on the market, don't push to hard when carpet is wet as furniture will end up in next door. ;D

http://www.sliderz.co.uk/long_instructions.html

Great link, thanks very much

Grant

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 04:12:53 pm »
On a job yesterday the customer warned me not to slide the furniture. When I tilted the chair over I could see the plastic foot had broken off and the fixing screw was sticking out about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the plinth. There was a mark on the carpet already an inch or two long which her husband had done. Took the screws out.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 07:44:58 am »
The insurance you have might still cover you. You have liability insurance, if you prove to be liable it may still cover you.

Joe H

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:32 am »
Thats what "treatment risk" insurance is for - usually extra to public liability.
I only found that out when I wanted to join NCCA - they stipulate you must have treatment risk to be able to join.
So even the guy who is a NCCA member with a rug doctor has probably more insurance then a lot of carpet cleaners with better machines and more experience.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 04:24:48 pm »
The insurance you have might still cover you. You have liability insurance, if you prove to be liable it may still cover you.
Public liability insurance on its own only covers you for your liability if you damage 3rd party property. That is property other than that on which you are working.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

John Kelly

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 08:28:32 am »
Thats actually an interesting point. Treatment risk I would presume covers you for the actual item you are working on which goes pear shaped due to the process you are using. Liability covers you if you injure someone or damage property. So strictly speaking whilst moving furniture you are not actually "treating" the item you are cleaning. Like if you knocked an expensive vase over I think your liability insurance would cover you. Likewise in this case the carpet wasn't actually damaged due to the cleaning "process".