Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Noticed a leak when cleaning had finished...help
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:32:35 pm »
Hi guys,

I have just finished a conservatory roof clean, with an exisiting (nice ) customer, now they are not there today, and as I have finished the roof, I have noticed that some water has leaked inside from the roof, now there is not loads, but there is deffo water on the floor which has come from my cleaning, and some on their table. I have tried to contact the customer, but cannot, I have left a nice note, explaining that I have noticed that the roof must have a small leak (mop was also in this room and we have had heavy rain recently - so it may be that they are already aware of a problem!) I am goign to drop by later this eveing when they are in, but just incase there are any issues, would this be classed as "my fault?" or would it be a claim (if needed for a water stained table - just thinking bad scenrios) on their buildings insurance, I am sure i haven't damaged the conservatory!
Any thoughts?
 ???
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

s.hughes

Re: Noticed a leak when cleaning had finished...help
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:31:48 pm »
Its not your fault at all, you are not climbing on it or using any heavy equpiment on it.

I had this once when I cleaned a roof, it leaked for a few months in a particular area and then stopped. When I next cleaned it, it again leaked for a few months then stopped. The outcome was that in the area that it leaked it had a buildup of leaves etc and this blocked a part where the seal was broken. As I cleaned it I washed all that away.
So they fixed the roof and now no more leakes.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »
Thanks Steve, thats put my mind at rest.
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »
The structure is defective.  Not your fault.
Not a legal opinion as I'm not a lawyer but I coudn't see anyone ruling against you on that one.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:11 pm »
you are safe as houses mate old connies roofs tend to have a panel slippage problem just point this out to the custie had one last month fussy cow

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:21 am »
Well i popped back to the custy last night to pick up payment ......

Custy was over the moon with the clean and couldn't believe how good it looked, so i said about the
water and this was the response......

Oh that, dont worry about that tiny little bit, it can leak in heavy rain and when i attempted to clean it a few
years ago i flooded the place..!

phew...!

Darran