Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark mann

dealing with a complaint
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »
hi guys

had a customer cancel with me today after cleaning yeaturday - she was very polite but said she couldnt use me again because my brush is too hard and consequently it has chipped flaked paint from the narrow georgian style frames.

ontop of that water has ingressed inside on a couple of windows where the frames have had a gap and not sealed properly (i pointed this out at the time of the clean)

she has left message on my ans phone and tried ringing on my mobile - she isnt asking for anything but pointed out that its costle for her to have them painted. they arent bad condition but the frames are thin and in places are flaking anyhow.

need to call her back to ackbnowledge but how would you guys handle this? .....
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

KLEENAWAY

Re: dealing with a complaint
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »
You cant do anything about it mate if you cleaning it WFP it cant be helped no matter how soft your brush is. Just be polite and understanding because at the end of the day if it happened to me our you we wouldnt be too happy either. Good luck matey

Danny

gewindows

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:13:42 pm »
Text her back, why do you need to speak to her.

Text her and move on.

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:57:02 pm »
I would tell her you are sorry to lose her and thank her for her custom.

If you are humble enough (genuinely, not in a Uriah Heep sort of way) you may find that she will get the frames and paintwork sorted sooner rather than later, then ask you back.

John.

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 02:01:19 pm »
I would tell her you are sorry to lose her and thank her for her custom.

If you are humble enough (genuinely, not in a Uriah Heep sort of way) you may find that she will get the frames and paintwork sorted sooner rather than later, then ask you back.

John.

Ditto

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:08:15 pm »
you mean she has cancelled and doesn't feel she should pay.

The flaking paint was there anyway, you took it off.

steve k

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 04:57:02 pm »
wouldnt bother with those type of windows in the first place to be honest...old leaded wth flaking paint!! Not worth the hassle

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »
Flaking paint on thin georgian frames will flake off and putty with it whether you are wfp or trad. I have some very thin georgian frames which I turn the flow right down on and brush very lightly.

Unfortunately custy's perceive that you cause it with your brush when really it is just tired (putty) and about to fall out anyway. When I was trad. I used to get paint flakes in my bucket from tired frames.

You might like to point this out to her in a polite letter for her future reference.

The leaking thing ...

Old tired warped frames will leak - all you can do is turn the flow right down and that will usually suffice but if you have an old opener below a fixed pane then you might get water ingress at the top no matter how light you treat it.

One of my custies has old Everest white aluminium sealed units in hardwood frames - they are about 30 years old and are still in superb condition except for one window where the closing "seal" has gone on the top and water from the window above runs down a whitewash wall and leaks through this joint and milk runs down the inside. I take a 2ft piece of gaffer tape and put it across the joint - do the top window and when I've done all the other bottoms I go back and remove the tape and clean the bottom pane!

Where there is a will there is a way.
It's a game of three halves!