Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NJWindowCleaning

Re: what should i do with my round
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 08:19:13 am »
Mostly just get on with it and if you have you alter to 5 weekly without informing your clients and see if they notice anything different. And see if they moan at that, and if they dont then you know 5 weeks might be better etc.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:29 am »
offer bi monthly (8 weekly) you dont want to be too keen to please them, else they wont be as keen to keep you! make them fit in with you not the other way round!

start as you mean to go on cos its hard to get respect if you dont demand it from day one!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 10:13:18 am »
i would just stick to my guns and clean them 4 weekly with the odd one 8 weekly.they ll get used to you coming round after a while.

some window cleaners are still doing fortnightly work up north!i dont anymore!

4 weekly   80%

8 weekly   15%

6 weekly/26 weekly 5%
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 10:23:29 am »
Dazmond is right, they soon get used to you coming 4 weekly! i used to get it when i started, some said "is it that time already" but sometimes the same customer says "it seems like a long time since the last clean this time"! LOL

...Custards who'd have em!  ;D

Jackal

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
thanks lads for all the input,i think i will stick it out monthly and try to buy some more work when i source some, then go 5 weekly with them all if i do that now il be losing to much money per week

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »
try a week of knocking after you have finished your month and see what u get

formb

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 10:23:54 am »

Even if you do them every 8 weeks they will say "are you back already?" It's just something to say.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 06:45:47 pm »
dont go 5 weekly!WHY?better to keep your round on 4 weekly IMO!otherwise you ll be losing a fair bit of money plus theres an extra week of dirt on the windows!dont forget you will be 5 weekly occasionally anyway due to very bad weather/holidays.

most custies are fine with 4 weekly  here in the north west.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

windiewasher

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 07:15:22 pm »
i work everything on 4 weekly and tell my custys that all i do,i had 3 8 weeklys but dumped them as i couldnt be bothered messing around only things that arent on 4 weeklys are commercial but i do them early mornings before i do domestics!
Tell them straight the way 4 weeklys and you do 4 weekly because its the only way you can fit your round in and your prices are very competetive and your results are outstanding and you clean all frames sills and doors every clean and not many can say that!Especially where i live!

Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Jackal

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »
yeh i do all the frames aswell,and iv noticed that on houses i dont do in same streets are just windows cleaned, frames are dirty so should stick to my guns really,im sure most w/c around my area do 4 weekly aswell,at the moment i just get sick of seeing some custys faces i can tell they are thinking whats he doing here agen,my uncles a wc'r and told me i should just stay monthly thats all he will do.

how do you go on if your round starts getting to big to fit them all in every 4 wks then?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 07:30:22 am »
then u employ on part time basis
loads a out a work windys in stoke pal  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »
then u employ on part time basis
loads a out a work windys in stoke pal  ;D ;D

loads of out of work w.cer's really? why dont they like canvassing?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »
4 weeks does come round very quick, I used to suffer the very same thing as you by the exact same situation with work I bought. I went to 5 weeks & found the customers so much better. I don't have enough hours in the day now & I'm usually 6 weekly & have had zero comments or complaints.

Might be an idea to go 5 weeks & use any spare time to build your business quicker. ;)

Jackal

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 10:23:41 pm »
just brought some work tonight its not great as its mainly terraced houses  but im hoping my hourly rate will be the same as it is now,but it was cheap and should only have to clean it once to get my money back so hopefully cant really lose,we shall see