Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Using pure water with a mop and squeegie - WOW
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:17:15 pm »
We've been using wfp for about a month on and off but more off than on because we've yet to sort out how everything fits into our vehicle.

We're still doing a lot of jobs with a mop and squeegie simply because it quicker and easier and every morning as per normal I fill up the barrel with tap water. Why oh why we've been using tap water when we've got an RO system is a mystery.

Today I decided for no apparent reason to use wfp water and WOW.....  ;D I could not believe the difference using a mop and squeegie with pure water.

Not only that, the frames seem to clean much easier.

Had I known this before I would have bought a basic RO system ages ago just for traditional methods. The difference is amazing. All day I have been looking at the windows I've done and thinking .......

Cheers

Ross

Sarah Sarill

Re: Using pure water with a mop and squeegie - WOW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 08:29:55 pm »
Hi Ross,  I posted a rely to a thread late August as follows :--

Hi giftedk,

Dont know if it helps but I have a newish housing estate which all have georgian, wooden windows to the front of the properties.  I was worried too but did them by hand for 2 cleans prior to using my wfp.  These 2 cleans were done with pure water and no detergent.  It seems to me that this helped break down the film prior to using the wfp properly.  I used a spray bottle to put the water on and just bladed it off.

Just done the 3rd wfp clean (no blading) and have had only one complaint and that was a drip from upstairs to downstairs

Works a treat does'nt it !   Try cleaning the outside windows traditional wfp and the inside by hand using pure water - the shiniest windows you have ever seen - my customers are really imressed with the results.

Regards,

Sarill
Sarah

gaza

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 08:40:49 pm »
sarrill:so0rry to inform you but Iwas first to see the benefit of mopping with pure water,keep your mop out of the bucket on soak it by hand keeps the water  cleaner longer,

Put a little fairy in with the water to give you a better glide,on first clean with it,

soz gaza ;D ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 08:44:46 pm »
Hiya Gaz - our paths hav'nt crossed for a few days !!!!!!!

Now bearing in mind I only registered in July you MIGHT be right !!!  I'll believe it only if you can prove it  ;D

Either way works brill doesn't it.  Shame more dont listen to our words of wisdom eh !!!!

Regards

Sarill

PS Brett's just started a thread on women window cleaners and the Mrs is threatening to register and give usguys what for !!  Oh no my times up now !!!!
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 08:49:11 pm »
Hi Gaza

Hope you weren't up a ladder at the time...  ;D

At the time we weren't using wfp so I probably wouldn't have read it with as much interest or the need to rememember as now.

Hi Sarill

All I did was fill the bucket in the normal way with Ettore stuff. The difference between that and tap water is amazing though.

Tomorrow we've quite a prestigeous job to do which includes the insides and I'll try out spraying pure water on and just blading it off.

Cheers

dai

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 09:20:16 pm »
I soak my WFP brush in DI water every night, I just put a bit of detergent and rinse aid in the soaking bucket and use that. Out of interest I did a TDS reading of the solution, 147. DAi

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 10:26:13 pm »
Hi Dai

Rinse aid was brilliant. I loved it but the other 2 just stuck to cheapo washing up liquid.

Out of interest I just went and took a reading of the bucket with the mops in that I left soaking in wfp water having rinsed them again in wfp water when we finished.

It was 98.

We're now thinking about a twin tub to wash cloths in with pure water. Maybe over the top but it'll be interesting though.

Off subject a bit. I live in an extremely hard water area. It's all chalk for miles and miles around. Hence an earlier problem with slip and using rinse aid. Remember the postings about it from yourself?

Anyway, I've fitted up our shower to pure wate with a shower pump from ebay, and having a shower is now another experience altogether. All it took was the pump and some copper pipe and a few compression joints plus a few holes in a few walls.

I've also fitted a thing in the kitchen. Now the kettle don't fur up every few days. Don't know if I can drink the stuff without boiling it first though.

Cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 10:35:57 pm »
I soaked my brush and i got a reading of one .

Have you got a monofilament brush or one of them car wash type green and red things .

the monofilament hold a lot less dirt as the dirt cannot cling to the bristles

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 12:40:10 am »
I like this thread, might sew it into my waterproof trousers.

That's funny. Yeah.

Hi Dave

Have you got a monofilament brush or one of them car wash type green and red things .

We've got an Ionics brush. Long brissles (or however it's spelt) around the edges and shorter one's in the middle. All black bristles.

Also, what is monofilament?

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 12:57:34 am »
Hi Pj

The hallmark of an idiot is known only to those who think themselves funny in their own minds not knowing that others laugh but for a different reason.

Either that or the term 'grumpy old man' is funny to you. Do you repeat it often?

Both say the same thing.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 01:07:44 am »
If you have got ionics then it is probably monofilament ,ie all uniform black bristles without split ends and it does not get matted .run your hand over the bristles and if you dont see minute tiny hairs flying then it is probably  a quality monofilament brush.

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 01:29:08 am »
Hi Pj

Sory but I'm interested about the thing about brushes. I meant no offense but if you want the truth, the joke was out of place and it made no sense to me.

I am intersted in the subject. Maybe I'm a nerd. Business is business and fun is fun.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the info. I'm new to wfp and anything that gives me assurance that what I've bought is ok, which it seems is, then I'm happy.

Wfp is a minefield even with prior knowledge.

Cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 01:47:45 am »
Ross i am new to wfp too .i have had less than 40 houses practice with it . but i have researched it well for a number of years . i have studied on here and been on the bwca course and have analysed every aspect on my own house for a month or 2 before i tested it on the public . without the knowledge i gained from the course and at home ,i think even if i went out public for 6 months .i would only just be getting to the knowledge i have now gained through studying and practicing at home .

i just did not want to take it out until i knew 100% i could do a good enough job with it . the thing what pushed me into it was staff, as now i am an employer .and this week with my op has proved how invaluable that can be .for the first time in my life i have actually earned money by being lay in bed .and hope to stay home more in the future /

best of luck and fortune

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 02:03:50 am »
p.s the soap ,rinse aid ,gg3, ,could be causing the high tds . I just soak my brush in pure water . if you think ,you are cleaning windows with pure water and if it is good enough for windows then it is good enough to clean your brush.

Dave

williamx

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 10:20:29 am »
You will find that pure water is more aggressive than tap water, the dirt particles are attracted to the pure water like a magnic is to metal thats why you get a better clean than using tap water.

dai

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 08:07:45 pm »
Dave I wouldn't put my brush in rinse aid either. Instead of throwing the water that my brush has been soaking in I add rinse aid and cheap washing up liquid and use it for hand work. I just thought it interesting that even after putting the stuff in I only had a TDS reading of 147. I would have expected it to be higher. Dai

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 08:24:15 pm »
on an old post someone stated that they tested the tds of bottled spring water and that had a tds of 400 ish