Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

flocked
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
been doing research on here regarding brushes ect, trying to see what brush is best for different types of cleans, and it seems that the opinion is that a flocked brush is best for first cleans, is that right?

Before reading the different post i would have thought a un-flocked brush would be better for first cleans as there would be more scrubbing power.

(MY HEAD IS SPINNING I HAVE REAR TOO MANY POSTS NOW I DONT KNOW WETHER IM COMING OR GOING)

mark mann

Re: flocked
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »
i was looking for clrity on the diff between flocked and unflicked flagged and unflagged? anybody?
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

mark mann

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »
i was looking for clrity on the diff between flocked and unflicked flagged and unflagged? anybody?

never type when the keyboard is on your chest slouched in a chair  ;D
meant clarity on the differences and flagged not flicked
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »
if flocked is the one with the bits at the end   then it is better for maintence cleans, and unflocked is better for first cleans,  but to be honest i would just use the flocked one  (bits at the end)  for everything,   get a dual trim as well as when it is on the glass it cleans better when pressure applied

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 10:39:43 pm »
Flocked is the same a flagged and un-flocked the same as unflaged.
Flocked bristles are split/crushed, un flocked are solid.

Thats as far as my knowledge goes

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 11:28:27 pm »
And then people come on and say ditch em all and get a sill brush !

So i think,thank f**k for that !

Then i find there is a mono sill brush,a flagged/flocked sill brush,a stiff one,an all red one,a black one and one with a bit of sh**e on !

I am just about clinging on to my tiny grip of reality though frequently lose the will to live, i still havn`t got over microbore and minibore and please dont anyone mention rectus fittings.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:06 pm »
get the red and green sill brush

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 11:58:57 am »
get the red and green sill brush

for first cleans? that is the flocked one isnt it? are the softer bristles better for first cleans then?

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 12:08:18 pm »
i got told by gardiners that a non flocked is better for first cleans and flocked is great for normal cleans,  but after speaking to alex the other day  there isnt much difference really   

i use to use a sill brush for all my cleans and never had any problems

andyM

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »
I agree with the comment that a flocked brush is suitable for most situations. I generally use the green and red flocked vikan sill brush for most of the time, and it glides over the glass nicely.
There are occassions though where I have found that this brush can't always remove baked on bird crap and clean up the really grimey frames and sills that have not been cleaned for years.
For these situations I use a mono bristle brush which to me seems to have more scrubbing power.

One of the Plebs

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 02:03:22 pm »
flocked for 4 years unflocked for the last 4 years, would never change back. its down to personal choice but i think i get better results with an unflocked one

rg1

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 02:37:55 pm »
Unflocked brushes are better for first cleans as they do not retain the dirt and dirty water. So working on that theory, a flocked brush retains more water allowing for a better clean on windows that have already been cleaned once.

Some brushes like the Salmon which is unflocked and single trim are made from thicker plastic bristles which make it ideal for first cleans.

Flocked & duel trim such as Superlite are better for maintenance cleans
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)