Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creighton foyle

Re: protecting machine from frost
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »
nice area you must be joking, but van is alarmed and parked under my front bedroom window and i have an extra lock on the back door, also got insurance today for equipment in the van overnight up to 6k for £115 pa.

incidentally i did have a new cc machine stolen from the back of my van 10 years ago hope i have learn't something from that . anti freeze is a good idea though

robert meldrum

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:33 pm »
If you're stuck you can always fill 4 x 25 ltr drums with hot water .....pack them around your equipment and cover with a couple of duvets from Tesco.

A source of 25 ltr drums .......................anyone with commercial car / van hire who go through a lot of them for their vehicle cleaning.

wynne jones

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 12:45:09 am »
If you're stuck you can always fill 4 x 25 ltr drums with hot water .....pack them around your equipment and cover with a couple of duvets from Tesco.

A source of 25 ltr drums .......................anyone with commercial car / van hire who go through a lot of them for their vehicle cleaning.

Good idea, will get you through this winter.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

John Kelly

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 07:42:15 am »
Anti freeze is probably your best bet. Insulation will help but can't be guaranteed. Don't forget the cold will come through the floor as well.
Anti freeze is a pain when you first do it but becomes a habit.
You can also run it through your hoses. You need 2 containers, 1 full of anti freeze and 1 empty. Attach your hoses to the machine and put a blank male connector on the end. Run your machine with the anti freeze in it until all the water is expelled and the blue (or red) anti freeze starts coming out the end of the hose then quickly put the end of your hose into the empty container. Once you are sure the full system is full of anti freeze switch off. Next morning its a case of first job, fill machine with water and run until all the anti freeze has gone into the second container, switch off and you are ready to start.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »
Cor, what a to-do!!!       When I finish for the day there is only one liquid that's on my mind and it isn't anti-freeze.      First thing in the morning,  all concentration is geared to remembering to smile at the first client.  Messing about with anti-freeze again first thing would ruin my day