Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: what should I do?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 04:22:51 am »
Wayne
I cannot find anywhere in your posts what you actually used (cleaning fluids) to clean the carpet.

Maybe for those tough parts you were perhaps not using the most appropriate stuff.

It would have been good for your learning curve to actually detail what you did and maybe the response would have been to go back and try this or that.

At this point I would not be giving back the money. In fact, if the carpets were as bad as you say then I would not be giving money back at all. If people treat their homes like pig styles then surely they must realise themselves they aint going to come up like a shiny new pin - common sense.
I have had customers say to me "I know they wont come up new - just try your best" - thats common sense.

clinton

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 08:14:05 am »
Wayne it could also be that other carept cleaners are giving these sort of clients a miss mate and your getting the poor work maybe?

wayne zabel

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 09:25:09 am »
Wayne
I cannot find anywhere in your posts what you actually used (cleaning fluids) to clean the carpet.

Maybe for those tough parts you were perhaps not using the most appropriate stuff.

It would have been good for your learning curve to actually detail what you did and maybe the response would have been to go back and try this or that.

At this point I would not be giving back the money. In fact, if the carpets were as bad as you say then I would not be giving money back at all. If people treat their homes like pig styles then surely they must realise themselves they aint going to come up like a shiny new pin - common sense.
I have had customers say to me "I know they wont come up new - just try your best" - thats common sense.

Hi Joe
I tried various things on the bedroom carpet after the grease stains became apparent.I used Power Burst and found they wouldn't budge,then had a go with Ultra Pac and various stain/spotting  agents that I have.Nothing would move them,we are talking about small marks really about the size of 10p peice.

I have since bought some Citra Boost and hope that this will help on such jobs.Can you suggest anything else you think might help?The stairs were really dirty with just general dirt and these were fine apart from a couple of steps at the top were I admit I could have done better having viewed them again

Thanks
Wayne

Ricky M

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 12:49:59 pm »
are they indain or pakistani ?

I bet there the 2nd then in that case I would give nothing back as they are TRYING on , I will not go to no matter how predj it may seem to a Pak house unless there on the system or is a reco from a good source and even then im really hard on them with in the 1st call.

Lots of reason for this but all i Will say: Ive freinds from both countries and the paks even admitt that if they can get an angle to get sumat cheaper thay will go for it big time !!

Just checked and we have 6 on the system and they are born in the uk and dont live with all there family ( 72 ish  ;D ) in the same house i.e westernised.

I may sound a bit rude but the only time ive ever ad cleaning issues in the past has been with pak folk and not so long ago it nearlly came to blows from Reco
 , yet again over money trying to get an extra discount !!!
There english is great when needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!   FACT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Be wise here you have had some great passive ways to deal with this situation, my ans is wrong really if your looking to create a good rap with these folk as they all talk to each other and they own prob 80% of all the terace house in England  ;D

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 01:21:25 am »

Hi Joe
I tried various things on the bedroom carpet after the grease stains became apparent.I used Power Burst and found they wouldn't budge,then had a go with Ultra Pac and various stain/spotting  agents that I have.Nothing would move them,we are talking about small marks really about the size of 10p peice.

I have since bought some Citra Boost and hope that this will help on such jobs.Can you suggest anything else you think might help?The stairs were really dirty with just general dirt and these were fine apart from a couple of steps at the top were I admit I could have done better having viewed them again

Thanks
Wayne

Hi Wayne.

Starting with powerburst then UR you are pushing the PH up each application (dependent on solution mix) Did you rinse between treatments with fibre and fabric rinse to neutralise before you applied your next spotter? This is important. I have also had good results using prochems neutral spotter and it would be my first stop, also been increasingly impressed with microsplitters and fusion8 mixed at 40-1 for spotting. Difficult to use solvents like solvall or solvex once a stain is wet but citus gel has worked for me often on greasy marks once you flush other agents out. A large part of spot & stain removal is patience and being systematic, allowing spotters suficient time to work. I'm not suggesting you are rushing but I used to go like there was a fire under me when there was really no need and sad to say there is no holy grail so try and keep time on your side when booking your work. If a £60 job takes a bit longer than you think it should don't worry, take your time and do your best work.

Dave Roberts

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 07:03:23 pm »

Creighton & Wayne,

I'm genuinely not being 'politically correct' here but your comments about 'asians' are totally out of order and unacceptable.   you can't brand a whole continent of people in that way!   I do a lot of work for asian people and they are usually polite, grateful and respectful of our expertise.

In fact I did an E.O.T for an Asian Doctor last week and received a £20 tip!

wayne zabel

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:44 pm »
David I dont think anything I said about asians was oit of order,I merely said that from my experience every job I have done for an asian customer so far, bar one this week,they have haggled and tried to knock me down on price even though I consider my prices to give excellent value for mone, thats what I implied in my reply to Creighton.I dont get that attitude from any others be they whites,blacks,french,poles whatever.

I'm not racist at all.and I suppose its part of their culture to haggle on prices.Thats all I said and I cant find anything wrong with that.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:03 pm »
Of all the customers I have had, its usually the asians that want to haggle and I dont like that because I give the price I want to do the job well.
Last week I did a quote (actual visit) and gave an inflated price to the asian lady knowing OI would be asked to reduce.
She called to book but asked could I reduce my price (by £27 I think it was).
I accepted there knock down price because it was within the range that would be acceptable to me - actually it was £20 above the min I would go - so this time I was the winner.

Winner until she actually cancelled, explaining they are going to put laminate in the 4 bedrooms (to match the downstairs) due to her husband suffering from allergies. I did explain that wooden floors are not the solution for his allergies, in fact carpets are better because they trap the allergies etc but need washing out periodically. She took on board the info but her husband had spoken so that was sealed.
Ah well!

Sam Davies

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:55 pm »
Evening my old cockers, just had a bottle and half of wine, a bit merry so please excuse any abruptness .Now I know we keep talking about what cleaning solutions we should or shouldn’t be using, but what kind of carpet is it .We all know synthetics clean really well, but if the bugger is a wool or wool mix the stains are difficult or impossible to remove.Wayne,did the carpet smell like a wet dog as you were cleaning it. Let’s forget about where our customers are from for a second, at the end of the day if they are unhappy with your service make sure you have the right answers to their questions, and just get on building your business and making a living.

creighton foyle

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 08:03:30 pm »
david once again you are taking what someone has said and using it totally out of context in order to start an online argument  (what is your problem)   what part of the phrase  "all my experience"  do'nt you understand,  it means that in" my experience"  the ones i have dealt with have acted as described or did you think i was talking about the total asian population of britain  and the bit at the end where i said   "no i'm not racist just realise that their ways are totally different to ours"  was my way of saying to others i do understand their ways and their culture and i am not a racist but i choose not work for them because of the way the ones i have dealt with in the past have tried to shaft me . i suspect most people reading the post would not have thought   "my god i'm offended this guys a real racist and should not be allowed to say things like that".
i am glad that your experiences with them have been positive but dont turn my comments into something they are not, what i said was totally acceptable and you seem to be the only one who sees something more sinister in them so grow up eh !.

jasonl

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »
David I dont think anything I said about asians was oit of order,I merely said that from my experience every job I have done for an asian customer so far, bar one this week,they have haggled and tried to knock me down on price even though I consider my prices to give excellent value for mone, thats what I implied in my reply to Creighton.I dont get that attitude from any others be they whites,blacks,french,poles whatever.

I'm not racist at all.and I suppose its part of their culture to haggle on prices.Thats all I said and I cant find anything wrong with that.

It is not  Asians culture to haggle on prices .... as such.... It is thier culture that you do not refuse a reasonable request , or say "no" if you do this then you risk losing "face". The way to deal with asians in a business situation is to remember that they too cannot say "no" to a reasonable rquest.  here is an example.

Jason ,,,, to clean your lounge, hall stairs and landing carpets will be £99.

Ajit,,,,,, Yes Jason, can you do you it for £50 ?

Jason ,,,,, Yes Ajit , what I can do is an excellent job , and your wilton rug bought from the market for only£90, if you pay cash when I finish. Do you want me to come on Tues or weds?

Ajit Ok  weds .

This works every time.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings