Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Got one in the post this morning. It's not some hoax company I had my bull sh** detector all over it, it's definately from Google.

This is a free trial offer for £75.00 worth of adwords.

I've never used it before if anyone has any advice because I haven't got a clue.

I've just done a quick google search and a lot seem to think it's a waste of time, has any of you guyd had a good response using adwords ?

Many Thanks

Paul

Mike Halliday

Re: Google Adwords - Anyone else recieved the free £75.00 trial voucher ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:18:40 pm »
does it have a discount code?....... what is it?

i got one ages ago and never used it but I read that the discount code could have multiple users.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:07:11 am »
Paul you should be getting many enquireys from the natural listings now?

Am no internet wiz but thought like myself you should be getting plenty of work through your web sites..

sarahbelleee

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:41:21 am »
I have friend that got free adword money when she paid for the site hosting. She said the voucher was very useful. The sites visits have  increased twice.

fitz2kleen

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:42:48 am »
About 2 months ago we started using google adwords on a prepayment setup.
Within a couple of days the fones and bookings were flooding in. We havent set a high budget, in fact from talking to others that use it, what we are spending on it is peanuts. you set your own limits and test the water from there.
I received an email offering 100 dollars of free adwords, redeemed that and set up a new ad campaign.
It equated to £74.96, and at our present setup, that should keep us going for a while .
We are on page 1 of free listings but this is another way of getting more exposure, which after all is what we all need.
Plus dont forget google ads are shown in many other places than just GOOGLE!

Graham Rogers

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »
Hi Paul,

I get quite a lot of business from Google Adwords. I have done my own since 2004 so have become an expert in them.

In Google you are ranking well in natural listings and your Google Map listing is top position for key words 'carpet cleaning chesterfield'. So really you may not need to do them. It is a view taken though that a top position in organic listings and also having sponsored listings will greatly improve your business. There is a huge increase in the amount of click throughs by being just that closer to the top.

The coupon you have received is a way that Google gets you to spend money with them. You'll also find one in the FSB's monthly magazine, or in computer magazines such as PC Pro or .Net.

If you do decide to do them yourself first you need to read this book by Perry Marshall - The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords - available on Amazon.

Test the results.

Also I have noticed that you have a Transit Connect. I had two of these for my business, both bought new, and both of them blew their engines. One blew it's engine at 67,000 miles and again at 120,000 (with help of Kwik Fit oil filter failing at 12,200 miles - they said that they weren't responsible as parts warranty is for 12,000 miles) and the other one at 65,000. I fixed the newer van of the two and scraped the other. So I'd recommend getting it serviced every 10,000 miles rather than the recommended 15,000.

Hope this helps

Graham