Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JAMIE BILES

car seats
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:28:28 am »
any advice on what to use on car seats.my wifes friend wants her new car spruced up bit.have ctd902 at present,microfibre mits and mpower.surely there is a process in there somewhere.just wanted to know of any musts or pitfalls etc.

Roger Koh

Re: car seats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:54:42 am »
It is good to take a look at the seat before we can give some sensible advice.

Especially if they are absorbent in some ways; then the leather structure care is important; that it should be kept soft and strong with suppleness; preventing it from premature stiffness and cracking.

The leather "finish" after cleaning and rinsing should retain the original appearance without streaks or brightness; and without tackiness when feel with wet fingers.

Check the pH of products use for the cleaning, alkaline cleaners certainly does no good to the chemistry integrity of the leather; if it is being absorbed by the protein leather structure.

Thereafter, you may want to impart a non-stick, rub-resistance protection that will reduce wear to the finish from getting in and out of the car.

Roger Koh
info@leatherdoctor.org

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:14:17 am »
Roger
Not sure but the car seats he referring to may be fabric.
I know he not said either way but the machine he has is a hwe and the fluids he quotes are for fabric.
Maybe Jamie will clarify.

JAMIE BILES

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:01:59 am »
yes guys sorry but seats are fabric.should of stated at beginning although leather advice good thanks

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:59:03 am »
Hello Jamie,

I was a car Valet for about 18 months and we cleaned car interiors successfully with a Puzzi, the CDT902 is significantly more powerful so it is more than capable of achieving top results......

The first thing is to make sure you cover all your interior where electrics are present or try to avoid over spraying.
Clean on a nice warm day and if you can't get your hands on an air mover, you'll need the car doors open to aid in the drying process. If any of the seating can be removed from the car, do just that, it'll make your life easier.

I would simply prespray and genty agitate with an upholstery brush and leave to dwell for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.

Ensure the windows are left slightly open for a good couple of days to let the condensation escape.

That's how we used to do it and the job was always a good un!

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:24:33 am »
Also make sure interior lights are off, as this can drain  the battery
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

ARCHWAY VALETING

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:49 pm »
ello steveo  ;D