Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: BNI Networking....
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »
Sounds more like the Masons.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

2cleanright

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 08:34:19 pm »
JandS - Anything wrong with the masons?

Not one myself but know lots who are.

Barry  - have I been "sucked in" if I am making good money from it?

BNI is a system which will work if you follow it but wont if you aren't prepared to work it.
It is all about building relationships with other members so they know and trust you well enough to put their reputation in your hands by referring you to their contacts.

Didn't get much for 6 months, but could see the benefits. Now reaping the rewards. If you are in it for a quick buck dont waste your time or money. If you want a stable base of repeat high value customers then give it a go.

Like many of the replies have said, horses for courses. Dont knock it till you've tried it but its not for everyone. You dont need to be pushy, just capable of presenting your business to a possible 30, 000 potential clients every week! My meeting yesterday - 4 jobs worth £600 all booked in today. Not bad for £20 investment.

3 years in i have a great network of businesses from very diverse backgrounds who refer clients I would never be able to reach with any other for of advertising. I also have clients who never pick up YP they call me because they know they can trust my network. As a result I get loads more referrals from these customers for my own business too cos they are always thinking about me.

mark shannon

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 08:59:41 pm »
Where's the ethics in referring a business to your clients purely because their fellow BNI members and no other reason?

Andy Foster

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »
Where's the ethics in referring a business to your clients purely because their fellow BNI members and no other reason?

You don't.

You refer them because they are someone you have built up a relationsip with and have probably used their services yourself.
You are therefore referring someone based on the knowledge that they will do a good job for that person and "no other reason".

justin brown

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 09:31:14 pm »
thanks for all your replies........ i am going to give it a go. as with everything, some it will suit some it will not. it is very structured and formal but i believe this is needed for it to work, i could be wrong (wouldnt be the first or last time!) but once i join i will let you know how i get on. thanks again
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

oliver collins

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:33 pm »
You wont regret it

peter maybury

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 10:30:16 pm »
The people that go to these meetings are people who go there to get business for themselves. If they were succesfull and busy they would not have the time or the inclement to turn up and listen to it week in week out. I was introduced to it and decide that I was too busy to make a commitment once a week. Once you have paid your fees you will not get it back. I think that the time and money would be better spent chasing successful busy business people.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »
if you join the BNI you will.....

1) during a year spend over a £1000.

2) dedicate 3hrs a week plus an evening a month on it.

3) you will try market the services of other companies.

OK you will get business from the BNI but imagine if you did the above for your own business..... the rewards would be significantly more!!

all the BNI will do is make you do these 3 things, so if you are a procrastinator or don't have the willpower to dedicate these 3 steps to your business then perhaps the BNI will work for you.

just think what you could achieve with a £1000 and  3 hours a week  I could send out 100 sales letter, 100 reminder cards every week,  have a medium size ad in the YPs

looking at number 3.... imagine if rather than spending 10 minutes talking about your fellow members to customers you talked about other services that you offer or asked if any of their family or friends had mentioned needing a cleaner...... do you think  this you would create more work for yourself?.

of course the BNI works but is it the most efficient use your your time & money?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 01:51:50 pm »
and when put that way it all becomes clear. all though you do get breakfast in all that costing mike, come on,

i think if they had breakfast meatings at maccies, i may consider it. ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:35 am »
Just Finished this weeks Motivational Book by Steve Clarke  Alltec latest Guru.

I thought I would buy book instead of going to Seminar

Not a lot new but it helps to be reminded an create an action plan.

He claimes to bring zillion of enquiries but cannot see how. but maybee I dim

Back to Topic.

He says Brealfast Clubs are a waste of time.

Guess what I went on his Web Site

He is speaking at one

The Great One

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 01:28:27 pm »
Hi

Probably because he is getting paid for it?

Martin 8)

clinton

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 01:31:24 pm »

Your prob right martin hes getting paid fro it ???

Another guru ???

There will always be some new kid on the block selling his wares with so called new ideas..

JandS

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »
How can you promote someone else's business when:

You know nothing about that business.
To start with you know nothing about the person.
You don't know if he's good at his job.
You don't know if he is putting as much effort to promote
you as you are for him.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon Moat

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »
Hi Justin,

How have you found BNI, any joy?

Simon.

Len Gribble

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »
Have too say my next door become one and turned religious  ::)

Think the money spent on bni would better used in a golf club membership 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

David Ware

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »
My Son joined the BNI about 4 months ago, he has the water feed pole system for window cleaning and has collected enough referrals to cover he's fees already.
I have also heard of an electrician that had no referrals for 4 months then landed a 30k contract.
Some clubs are better than others, just like carpet cleaners.
David   

justin brown

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:23 pm »
hi simon,

no i havent joined yet, things have been so busy lately i have not had time! i am pretty sure i will give it a go though!!
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

murky

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:18 am »
Go on Justin whats the secret of your success?

You havent been going too long yet.  Dont forget summer time figures are different to winter figures, people tend to get their stuff done in the summer while its dry. Apart from Crimbo it can be desperate in the winter.

The BNI might be what you need to keep you going through the bad times.

Murky