Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom2009

educating customers
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »
there has been talk on here of educating customers when they say "can you skip it this time" but what can you say? - they are the customer after all. Got to one today that is a confirmed 8 week only to be told over the phone from abroad (her daughter was in) it was appointment only ?! I said "you wanted an 8 week clean" ..... you know the rest. I'm a bit daft so could someone tell me the best way to handle a situation like that.

Tom

andyjm1

Re: educating customers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:13 pm »
Provide a written quotation which includes a cleaning frequency for all jobs and keep a copy for your records.
If the customer queries the frequency refer them to your original quote. If they no longer have it tell them you have a copy and show it to them if necessary.
If they want to change the frequency, and it suits you to clean them at that frequency, change the price accordingly.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:49 pm »
Nowt you can do about it, you can't force her to have them cleaned. People say one thing and mean another.  Just something we learn to live with I suppose.

tom2009

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:18:06 pm »
Nowt you can do about it, you can't force her to have them cleaned. People say one thing and mean another.  Just something we learn to live with I suppose.
its annoying though, I need to get back to charging more for the first clean - its the bare faced lies that get me most. Thats why windies need thick skin though I guess 8)

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:12 pm »
its annoying though, I need to get back to charging more for the first clean - its the bare faced lies that get me most. Thats why windies need thick skin though I guess 8)

Oh yes, the porkies really pee me off too. But you're right, definately charge double for a first clean. I never used to...just took their word for it they'd be regular...now I'm the most cynical window cleaner ever ;)

mikecam

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 06:27:44 pm »
there has been talk on here of educating customers when they say "can you skip it this time" but what can you say? - they are the customer after all. Got to one today that is a confirmed 8 week only to be told over the phone from abroad (her daughter was in) it was appointment only ?! I said "you wanted an 8 week clean" ..... you know the rest. I'm a bit daft so could someone tell me the best way to handle a situation like that.

Tom

As much as you can do is to leave it on their toes, ask her to ring you when she wants them done next. When she does ring try and bump a premium on, along the lines of.....the price i gavve you originally was for a regular 8 weekly clean, when i am called out i charge x amount extra as it out of my way today.

tom2009

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:45:07 pm »

Oh yes, the porkies really pee me off too. But you're right, definately charge double for a first clean. I never used to...just took their word for it they'd be regular...now I'm the most cynical window cleaner ever ;)
i think that must be me  :D

Darranvps

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:48:06 pm »
To be honest I think its the Southern Window Cleaners that need educating ;D ;D 8)