Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sgibsoncleaning

legal dole workers
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:15:11 pm »
got approached by a bloke this morning. some goverment department wants to get him back to work so they suggested he start a window cleaning round. he told me he can work 16 hours a week and not get any reduction in benifits.

Mist A Bit

Re: legal dole workers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:05:21 pm »
i think if your on income support and housing benifit you`l still be entitled to it if your empolyed for 16 hours or less. i dont know how that works for self employed people

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:40 pm »
thats nothing  if you are on the ESA (sick)  then u can work 15 hours and keep ur wages and sick pay with out losing housing benefits or council tax

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:40:55 pm »
wow thats not bad, you could earn 20 k plus in 16 hours a week

Mike_G

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 06:06:58 pm »
16 hours and I think no more than £84 per week

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 06:18:22 pm »

Yeah £50ph with no lo$$ of benefits sounds a bit tasty  :o

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 06:24:02 pm »
u can earn £92 for 15 work,  but all they can take your earnings as, is what u tell them

Newannaive

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 10:34:49 pm »
wow thats not bad, you could earn 20 k plus in 16 hours a week
???

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »
got approached by a bloke this morning. some goverment department wants to get him back to work so they suggested he start a window cleaning round. he told me he can work 16 hours a week and not get any reduction in benifits.

shes talking out of his harris, and I think Sean has been on the ale.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mci services

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 11:02:00 pm »
what the guy can get depending on age and if he has a family is tax credits that will make up his wage to decent level, I have told my lad who works part time to get down the dole and see if he can claim anything because I only use him for 16 hours but he is to idle to even try but I am sure he would get something

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 11:14:19 pm »
what the guy can get depending on age and if he has a family is tax credits that will make up his wage to decent level, I have told my lad who works part time to get down the dole and see if he can claim anything because I only use him for 16 hours but he is to idle to even try but I am sure he would get something
I totally agree with you as that is right.

but whoever has told the poster this is deluded, as it stands every pound over £5 in some way is deducted from dole money you top up with family credit/child tax credit what ever it is called.

I know our goverment and benifits system is stupid but it aint that stupid!
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:12 pm »
depending on the lads age,  does he rent, live at home with parents, have kids   it all goes towards how much he can get

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 11:35:23 pm »
tax credits  over 16 howers  a week and dont for get part of that can be canversig and cleting and paper work

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 11:35:43 pm »
depending on the lads age,  does he rent, live at home with parents, have kids   it all goes towards how much he can get
as to the post, he will lose money if he earns simple as that really, does not matter about his age if hes claiming they will take money off him, only if he does not speak english and comes from abroud does he get everything free, I am shocked you dont know that yet Darren, come on keep up  ;)

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 11:40:31 pm »
by the age thing i mean, the gov say you need acertain amount to live on under 24 and over 25  if he is earning more than that and he should be for 16 hours   then he might get help with rent providing he is renting,  if he is living at home he will get nothing at all

tomy jackson

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:27 pm »
this topik neads deletig be for all dolys see it  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 11:55:45 pm »
this topik neads deletig be for all dolys see it  ;D ;D
Tomy,        them  ;D

S

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:18 pm »
If he gets 60 aweek in dole and declares to them he earnt £30 from window cleaning. They will give him £30. Or if he declares he earnt £60. They will pay him nothing for that week. 

Or you can ask for self employment credit, this is for new start-ups. It works out at £50 aweek.
Working part-time or on low self employment income, you can still claim FULL housing support, council tax.