Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanC

Ladders (wfp only)
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »
Evening all,

To all of you that are wfp only, do you also have ladders for windows you are unable to get to?

An example would be a window directly above a flat roof porch or an extention (if that makes sense).

Ross G

Re: Ladders (wfp only)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:01:58 pm »

Being a window cleaner i have wfp and I have ladders
I have now grown lazy and I will go to great lengths to keep them on the top of the van.
But yep of they came today to get up onto a flat roof, ruined my day that did. :'(

mci services

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:02:25 pm »
yes

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:03:33 pm »
No.
It's a game of three halves!

EZclean

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:48 pm »
no

i am a ladderless window cleaner.... i have to laugh when i see vans with it on the side and ladders on the roof  ;D
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

tony talbot

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »
you still need ladders to get on flat roofs and to get over locked garden gates

DanC

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »
Well It looks like I'm going to buy some as I'm not in a position to turn down work.  I have a ford transit connect, I've had a look at some ladders and the only type that I think would fit in my van are telescopic.  Anyone know if these are any good??

Luckily, I don't have 'ladderless' on the side of my van ha ha ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »
i have ladders on my van  as too lazy to take them off,  use them for 1 flat roof job i do, an only use them on that one as its a hotel and is part of a big job

tony talbot

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:42:30 pm »
buy a roofrack and a set of proper ladders. those telescopic jobs can be a bit nasty on your fingers, also you cant split them to go over garden gates.

DanC

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 11:01:24 pm »
I think I will have to have a shop around then.  I've no idea how much a roof rack is for a connect plus ladders. :-\

Cheers for all the responses.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 09:56:31 am »
Hi
My son opted for a combination ladder which he folds up and stacks in his van. He has used it for the last 4 years, mainly on his up and overs on a local estate he has 3 days a month work on.

He got it from Wickes and is similar to this,

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Professional-Multi-Purpose-Ladder/invt/530198

Has only needed my help with longer ladders on a couple of times, ie gutter cleans.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Martin ccs

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:45 am »
some of the time the windows you are talking about can still be wfp - use a pair of steps to gain that little more of a better angle for the pole - works for me

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 11:08:37 am »
you still need ladders to get on flat roofs and to get over locked garden gates

If they are locked then I just clean what I can reach from the front, I always ring the night before to let them know I need access to the back and that all windows are shut.
I still get the odd custy that forgets to unlock the side gate, when they get home and see only the fronts have been done and that I have only charged them half the price, they soon get the message to leave the side gate unlocked. I even had one customer demand that I go back and finish the back of the house. I told him I rang the night before to let him know and he just said he forgot, I told him that I can't just drop everything to go round to his house. I even stated that I only charged him for the fronts.
as you might guess, I dropped him 2 cleans later.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.