Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian W

Re: traditional window cleaning question
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 05:11:22 pm »
I have some like that and can use a pointer to reach the window safely. I do have some where I can't do this, but they seem to be deeper roof spans than your picture.

What do you do with the ones with deeper roof spans?

I've just been using a pole, but if there's a way of doing them with a ladder I'd like to know how - especially as I've been asked to quote on doing leaded windows.....

Cheers

A pole is the only safe option without wfp. For leaded use a cut down applicator handle and clamp your preferred cloth to it. I spray the window with a mix of deionised water and ipa alcohol which gives a reasonable clean. Use one side to clean the window and the other to clean up any streaks.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

cat9921

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 06:25:43 pm »
hi

is it possible to clean the front top windows using a point ladder without the ladder hitting the guttering on the tiled roof the tiled roof is the normal 3-4 tiles deep just wanted to know that i can do them before i do a leaflet drop.
i think it should be ok but i just wanted to check first.

Erith apologies to the customer and say that you cannot clean them because of being a  scratty tatty trad window cleaner and if they want the job done then they will have to get the real window cleaners in the ones with wash systems  ;D

Lets see if you use a trad pole then you will be leaving smears when the weather is hot...
If you walk on the roof then you could fall or break a tile........... If you use a ladder at that angle it can slide back

So why don't you get a backpack and a harris pole  ::)

Sorry to be going on about WFP..............................But thats what it was designed for..... There are jobs that should not be done trad and trying to find another way to go about it when a way has been found its just madness

All the best m8

Adders  ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »
Park you car in the drive and rest the ladder on the facia board and against you car at the bottom. Get rid of the pointer its crap and get a longer ladder, I do not know who thought up a pointer, stupid design. The only thing its good for is a museum exhibit. Right shoot now, but its true its like the story of the Kings new clothes.

Ian W

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »
Park you car in the drive and rest the ladder on the facia board and against you car at the bottom. Get rid of the pointer its crap and get a longer ladder, I do not know who thought up a pointer, stupid design. The only thing its good for is a museum exhibit. Right shoot now, but its true its like the story of the Kings new clothes.

Why do you say that? I have 2 pointers that are used regularly. Would I go back to a regular ladder? No way.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens