Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

i prefer trad on lower windows..!!
« on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:26 pm »
ive been using wfp on all upper windows and a few up and downs(leaded/georgian etc).but im finding it much faster to trad downstairs windows!and it gives me a break from the pole and mixes it up nicely!i have a bottle of gg3/pure on my belt and a half full bucket in the van in which i dunk the mop whenever im changing barrels.it seems to be working well at the moment and most windows are coming up really good first time wfp and of course the downstairs are absolutely spot on due to tradding them!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

ive only used 125L OF WATER all day!

i still take 250-300L out with me in the morning.

i will be using a lot more next week as ill be cleaning big country houses and a few commercial jobs.

the ladders are virtually redundant now!!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: i prefer trad on lower windows..!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:09:36 pm »
il buy em m8 lol ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:40:55 pm »
ive been using wfp on all upper windows and a few up and downs(leaded/georgian etc).but im finding it much faster to trad downstairs windows!and it gives me a break from the pole and mixes it up nicely!

ive only used 125L OF WATER !

I reckon you will be getting a cool thin -wheel shoppin trolley EXACTLY like Waggas

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:01:02 pm »
I think making a decision to trad downstairs while you are still on the first cleans is a little premature. You will be much faster WFPing both up and down you just need to give it some time.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:22 am »
sunshine maybe ill trad downstairs until all first cleans are done upstairs wfp and introduce it on some lower work gradually.

i really cant see me being faster though on standard houses.its just easier to trad!i am very fast!!16 years experience!!! ;) ;D ;D

bigger properties and commercial will be all wfp top and bottoms.
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:17:47 am »
Trust me on this one. I have had to resort to using my car and trailer instead of my large panel van with 500L of water in. (The van blew up 2 weeks ago) To save water I have done some half and half and can confirm that it is slower than doing the lot.

However, if it keeps your head from spinning, do what is nescessary. There are no fixed rules!

You will find it much easier next time around.

All the best.
Stuart

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:40 am »
Hi,
Its faster to WFP all windows for me.
I am too short to reach the tops of most ground floor windows, so need to carry a set of steps to reach them - takes double the time to trad them.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 09:58:58 am »
ive been w.f.p above ground leval & trad ground level for around 6 months (trad & ladders before that) and im happy with it.

But if i was r.o and d.i i would probably think its faster w.f.p all round. but alas im only d.i (in a 300 p.p.m area) and like you said only using around 100/150 litres aday!

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 03:34:08 pm »
i like a mix of wfp and trad. notice dme doing it today again. wfp is good but not great.

supernova77

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 04:40:44 pm »
Dazmond,

I reckon within 18 months you will have a van mount system and will be WFP'ing all windows, up and down.

;)

Andy

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »
but alas im only d.i (in a 300 p.p.m area) and like you said only using around 100/150 litres aday!

are you mad? di only with 300ppm water?