Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

your thoughts on this booster pump ?
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:03:28 pm »
I am looking for a new booster pump to run 4040, will be twins when I set them up but for now just one will be used:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOOSTER-PUMP-IBO-JET100A-a-24L-TANK-/180521034489?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item2a07e462f9

for those of you that know about this what are your thoughts please ?

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nathanael Jones

Re: your thoughts on this booster pump ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:14:25 pm »
I doubt its rated for continuous use.

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:15:19 pm »
ian. i bought a pump from b&q for a while just to get me moving. it was £30 and done the job but after a while the plastic case split. i now have the clarke one which you know of and i would say the production is twice as quick and faultless. I guess it would be the same as most things. you get what you pay for. i'm sure that pump will do the trick but to what degree who knows?

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 08:22:05 pm »
ian. i bought a pump from b&q for a while just to get me moving. it was £30 and done the job but after a while the plastic case split. i now have the clarke one which you know of and i would say the production is twice as quick and faultless. I guess it would be the same as most things. you get what you pay for. i'm sure that pump will do the trick but to what degree who knows?
cheers Steve for the reply, nat also

I just moved and im bleeding money at the mo, hence looking for cheaper option, but if it does not cut it am going to have to go the clarke £250 route :'(

has to be ordered in the morning either way, so please anyone please comment on experience.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 08:25:06 pm »
if you want one to keep you going get down to b&q i got 6 weeks use for £30 then took it back and bought a proper one ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »
if you want one to keep you going get down to b&q i got 6 weeks use for £30 then took it back and bought a proper one ;)
how long did it take to make water Steve ?

I had one from them and it didnt last a day lol it never worked!

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »
i was getting 200 litres and hour roughly

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 08:46:19 pm »
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9956450&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=booster+pump&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1277062989829&isSearch=true
same as I had, was spraying water same day out of the inline casing and the outlet, but I figured for the rprice I should have not expected more.

maybe go get one for this week and order a clarke one so I can carry on

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »
thats what i done. and when the casing split i just chucked a bucket over it and got another few weeks work out of it...lol

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 08:59:33 pm »
thats what i done. and when the casing split i just chucked a bucket over it and got another few weeks work out of it...lol
lmaio, I dont want to get my new unit wet taken me nearly half a  year to get it ready

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:18:45 pm »
mine was a temporary measure for 2 weeks ;D

mikecam

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »
I am looking for a new booster pump to run 4040, will be twins when I set them up but for now just one will be used:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOOSTER-PUMP-IBO-JET100A-a-24L-TANK-/180521034489?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item2a07e462f9

for those of you that know about this what are your thoughts please ?

Ian
I have a similar model from the same supplier. I'm very pleased with it. It fills my 650 litre tank up in roughly 2 and half hours.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:31 pm »
Buy cheap pay twice I always say.