Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonathan Spencer

Extension poles
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:49:16 am »
Hi again

Right I am 100% trad and will be for the foreseeabble future.  I use Unger applicater and squeeges.  What is the best pole for doing above conservatories/difficult windows?  Sorry I need pointing in the right direction.

Regards

Nathanael Jones

Re: Extension poles
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:13:04 am »
Get a wagtail & ask what wagga uses for poles?

Ian W

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:13 am »
I use unger swivel squeegees and either unger teleplus or optiloc poles. I would suggest a 3 x 2m pole.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 02:23:04 pm »
i have the unger teleplus and a small optiloc pole.they have come in very handy over the years!i just used to pop my mop/squeegee on the end when needed.i also got an unger fixiclamp for detailing and angle adaptor.

im wfp now so no need for the extension poles apart from scraping birdmuck/paint of an awkward window at height and cleaning my van(i have an unger brush/hose that pops on the end of the small pole)

i bought the full 5 section unger teleplus(30ft) but ive never needed to use the 5th section.

if i get the unger adaptor ill be able to turn it into a 30 ft wfp for any bigger jobs i get in future! ;) ;D ;D ;D

very versatile and strong poles and cheap!!i got mine from the windowcleancentre.

hope this helps jonathan! ;) ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:30 pm »
for 30 feet up i use a carbonfibre fishing pole i bought 2nd hand off ebay ,used with WAGTAIL flipper 12incher modified exactly as on WAGGAS great videos .

the very last section of pole is a 5 foot fibreglass section of fish pole ,i use this as its less flexy than c,f ,it has a Wagtail Pole Cap  glued onto its end . inside this very last section i slid a couple of small  section of pole of about 18 inches long,.glued these in to reinforce that tip end section .

I use a regular pulex 3 parter  pole for windows above conservatrys,with the modded wagtail.
 those videos that Wagga has made of his modded wagtails are truly worth their weight in goLD

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 05:53:10 pm »
Cheers for the replies.  Never used a swivel so unsure if that was any good for me.