Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

can sum1 show how to rinse on please
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:37:56 pm »
seen a few posts bout rinsing on and off can some one post a video how to rinse on and is it a lot quicker
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

gsw

Re: can sum1 show how to rinse on please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:52:38 pm »
i think alot depends on what brush you use, the flocked bristles tend to hold onto the dirt more so it makes more sense to rinse "off"

the mono brushes let the dirt go so rinsing "on" is basically taking the brush to the top of the window (about half inch from the top of the glass) when you have finished scrubbing and letting the water "rinse" as you move the brush down the glass.

having tried both and virtually every brush going (apart from a tucker) it is alot easier to rinse "on" when working above 2 floors. iIwouldn't want to try and rinse off on the 6th floor of a building.

IMO the best (that I have tried) brushes for rinsing on are

ionics dual trim
vikan mono
gardiners mono (not sure they still make these)

i bought the gardiners flocked (dual trim)  a while back its great for first cleans but does hold onto a lot of "bits" in the bristles

hope this helps

greg

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:24:34 pm »
il show u young wilts me lil m8 ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »
you rince like you do off the glase but with out takeing brush off ,qiker and less strane on your arms .and do the wash on one pane at a time and rince that pane as ther all redy lots of water on it ,hope his helps

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »
mono filement brush

dmlservices

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:20 pm »
you rince like you do off the glase but with out takeing brush off ,qiker and less strane on your arms .and do the wash on one pane at a time and rince that pane as ther all redy lots of water on it ,hope his helps

this is what i do,   with a high flow rate  ;)

daz

tomy jackson

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:33 pm »
yes you nead a good flow ,ther all bangng on a bute save water pole tigers and the like turn water on thow tap on flor and wash the bludy windows pole down in a flash nd wash down stares trun water off and do the back ,no faffing just wash the windows ,thats wot your ter to do the sped moor than pays for the bit of exter water and it is  bit ,i used to use 350L now is 400L a day but i get 20 TO 30 % moor houses in a day ?? so im i useing moor ????

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 09:46:55 am »
Don’t worry about the final rinse, that’s all it is a final rinse!

Do a test; clean your own ground floor window ‘pane’ one with and one without a final rinse, then compare the results. Work on ‘cleaning’ the glass, rather than relying on the rinse. Half the time I don’t bother with the rinse with my regular customers, I already know the results are going to fine and the windows I do rinse regular are no more than 1 – 2 seconds at most. It’s only the occasional jobs (2-3 jobs a week) that require a thorough rinse then usually another quick clean because of more dirt than usual.

How often do you go over the glass?

If I let's say scrub the glass once toroughly, and once rinse brush on quickly, with my work, which consists of 4, 6 and 8 weekly customers, this only gives me about a 60% succes rate or so, only the really clean 4 weekly ones I can get away with it. I've done a lot of inside/out cleans, and it's really hit and miss on most properties. Not the level of quality I am satisfied with.

chopsie

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »
I think mines getting worse  ??? Started out 5 or 6 months ago and was doing great, nothing but compliments. Now (after a couple of complaints the other week) I am checking my work more, and using a lot more water so in turn taking more time and doing less work as water is running out  :( It seems to be pretty bad for leaving spots on a lot of windows. Had about enough of this WFP malarky  >:( >:( :'(
chopsie

Rob.Hall

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 09:33:30 am »
Get a Garndeners brush with  the smaller jets. You wont use so much water. Vican are 2mm Gardiners are 1mm.

You get better pressure, lighter brush and good quality as well.