Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard 01903

Sills
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:48:20 am »
Do you wipe down sills on ground floor or just rinse when using wfp???
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Scrimble

Re: Sills
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:25:24 am »
i normally use the brush to wipe the sill with the water flow turned off, i find if you wipe them off you have to keep wringing out your cloth due to so much water,

i have a cut down squeegy which i just run over the sill to clean them if needed

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:41 am »
i normally use the brush to wipe the sill with the water flow turned off, i find if you wipe them off you have to keep wringing out your cloth due to so much water,

i have a cut down squeegy which i just run over the sill to clean them if needed

Similar to me, If I havent got a cloth to hand I turn the water off then give the sill a wipe with the brush.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:13:48 pm »
Why turn water off  ???

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:21 pm »
cause with the water on it pulls crap from under the frame,

and its a waste of water,

R W C™

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:14:06 pm »
cause with the water on it pulls crap from under the frame,

and its a waste of water,

But surely on the 1st clean you get rid off everything thats under the frame then when you return for the next clean its easy, and its not really a lot of water....

james44

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »
But surely on the 1st clean you get rid off everything thats under the frame then when you return for the next clean its easy, and its not really a lot of water....

My thoughts exactly!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:03:11 pm »
You can't get the bristles of the brush under the window and if you leave the  water on spray'll spray under the window and that leaves dirty run marks on the white uPVC.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

dmlservices

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:13 pm »
Why turn water off  ???

upstairs i wipe brush over with flow on , then with flow off, the drips from upstairs sills then stop quicker,

i also make sure all the crap is removed from the gap between sill and frame on first cleans,

i still find esp. on sills that get quite dirty between cleans,  that if you wipe sill with flow on , some bits wash back into gap , then run onto sill when you move.

down stairs sills i also have a cut down squeegie , i go over all downstairs sills with this, takes seconds, and looks better than leaving downstairs sill wet.

daz

james44

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:22 pm »
upstairs i wipe brush over with flow on , then with flow off, the drips from upstairs sills then stop quicker,

same here!

i still find esp. on sills that get quite dirty between cleans,  that if you wipe sill with flow on , some bits wash back into gap , then run onto sill when you move.

Turn flow up a bit and work from left to right, the higher flow pushes the dirt out, try it on a bottom sill and you will see what i mean!