Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

high tds
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:18 pm »
hey guys recently changed resin due to tds being 7 went down to 0 for a while and then booster pump packed up and we changed that its now coming through at 12, firstly is 12 ok to clean windows??? also any ideas why it should have jumped up to 12 im lost
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

cat9921

Re: high tds
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:58:52 pm »
hey guys recently changed resin due to tds being 7 went down to 0 for a while and then booster pump packed up and we changed that its now coming through at 12, firstly is 12 ok to clean windows??? also any ideas why it should have jumped up to 12 im lost
thanks
Bill

Yes you can clean at 012 but its best to keep it in single figures, Can you give us a little more about you set up..

Like what is the tds of your water without the RO and what type of RO are you using  ::)

adders

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:08:14 pm »
i personally, only use water upto 001 , at which point i change resin.

daz

billozz

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:10:25 pm »
hi thanks for the reply tds going in is 240 300gpd r/o unit with a di filter before the tank
regards
bill

dmlservices

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »
i use a ro man 200 gpd , input 295 , out 004, produce 2-2500 ltrs per week .

had system nearly 5 yrs , and out tds( before resin), has gone to 012, so i think a membrane change will be needed soon , not bad for a 5 yr old system.

daz

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »
hi thanks for the reply tds going in is 240 300gpd r/o unit with a di filter before the tank
regards
bill

Whats your psi into membranes?
Whats your tds out of membranes?

12 might be ok at a push but I wouldn't use it that high, like dml I change resin any higher than 001/002

cat9921

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:47 pm »
regards
bill

OK bill sounds like to me that your RO is not taking the water down enough for the DI,, The fact that you have used new resin and it went down to 000 then back to 012 so quickly seems to suggest this  ::) ...

It could be 2 things its either your filters or your membranes  ::)

Try for filters first and if not then its your membranes

Adders

billozz

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »
we changed the filters aBOUT 8 months ago and we only bought the r/o about 3 years ago so not sure if they have worn out already

cat9921

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:39:59 am »
we changed the filters aBOUT 8 months ago and we only bought the r/o about 3 years ago so not sure if they have worn out already

Its a process of elimination if you have had new resin and new filters then the only thing could be membranes  ::)
However john tomkins asked you about your PSI before your RO. I never asked because you was making pure water before the change of resin but I have just remembered that a friend of mine had a RO-MAN and was making pure water until it suddenly when't sky high  ::) It turned out that the pressure had changed from his water supply ::) and this was causing it ::)

So last two things it could be pressure to your RO or membranes

Adders

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:47:49 am »
Adders.... I asked about psi and tds out membranes as it could give the answer to what his problem is, all he said initially was tds from resin had gone up. If psi gone down that could be one thing as tds would rise from ro, also membranes could be shot and that caused a rise in tds from ro causing resin to be quickly eaten up.
I did try to help but he didn't bother replying ::)